Default Book info sought

Hi

Can anybody recommend a good book on wooden boat maintenance for the beginner? We are currently in the process of buying a TSDY.

Joe

Default Found this at Amazon:

Default Re: Found this at Amazon:

Thanks Arthur. I've ordered a copy.

All teh best

Joe
    http://come.to/feakle

Default Re: Book info sought

Why what?? Why are we buying a TSDY or why do I want a book about maintenance?

hi, from a wooden boat owner, if you need the book, do you know what you are letting yourself in for,can you do the work yourself,or have you got a money tree take it from me, its a lot of hard work, but good luck' and good sailing. rich

Hi

The reason for the book is to find out what I am letting myself in for. As I've already renovated a couple of old houses I have some skills. Obviously I'd get professional help in things I can't do myself.

Anyway I just got a great book from America called Wooden Boat Renovation by Jim Trefethen. It's really well written and gives all the information I was looking for.

Still awaiting survey report for an Osborne Kestrel we have seen (to compare with another which needs new superstructure - and I could do that!) so it looks like we may be going ahead with our wooden boat purchase.

Thanks anyway for the help

Joe & Nicki Griffin
    http://come.to/feakle