Thread: Folding Gangway

Default Folding Gangway

Any recommendations for a folding gangway? Looking for something I can store away when not in use. Got a ridiculous quote from an Italian outfit for 6k euros. On other extreme there is one on force4 for about 500 quid but not sure what the quality would be like. Its for a sunseeker portofino 47 so reckon I need something about 2.5 to 3 m long. Ta.

Try googling for a folding passarelle, rather than a gangway, you'll get a lot more relevant matches.

I'm looking for one as well. The Force4 one doesn't look all that, tbh. If you want to see one in the flesh they apparently have one in stock at Deacons. Aquafax also do one for slightly more money.

Cheers
    Jimmy

Slipped that new Avatar in there a bit quietly Jimmy.......Homer a bit too raw for SoF?

I bought one of the Force 4 £500 ones as a back up for my hydraulic one and for when the pontoon is particularly low (with a Williams underneath it, my passarelle won't drop below horizontal, so it can sometimes be quite a step down!). The quality's actually pretty good - made in Italy, hardwood (teak or iroko) tread and aluminium frame, not too heavy and decent wheels on the end. I've rigged it up with a short length of heavy duty elastic so that it just sits off the dock until someone stands on it - that way, as the boat moves, the gangplank doesn't fall into the water!

Quote Originally Posted by MYAG View Post
    Slipped that new Avatar in there a bit quietly Jimmy.......Homer a bit too raw for SoF?
    What are you trying to say?? I thought the new one was quite classy! It was either that, or a self portrait:

Cheers
    Jimmy

Default Nemo pasarelle

Try the nemo pasarelle, supplied by Caliber Marine in Swanwick.

It is a bit pricey at just over £1200, but is very well made, sturdy and doubles as a bathing ladder. We've had 3 mounting points added to our yacht - one on the transom, one on the bow and one inside a deep stern locker for vertical storage.

http://www.calibramarine.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=8

Try Osculati on the web
    I have one on my boat folds away in the back locker and i have a mounting point on the bathing platform for low marinas and another higher up about waist hieght for higher marinas .There will be a uk distributor .

If you want something really sexy take a look at Exit Engineering.