Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quote Originally Posted by MRC View Post
    Great fun in Poole harbour.... until they hit the mud.
    Ouch! That surely wasn't fun, considering how strapped you must be to the thing for using it...

Old age means I am making it up. Having just spoken to my friend to see if they had video footage, it was skis and ringos hitting the mud in teh ski area, they would only use the airchair in deep water.

dj43 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Things have definitely changed.
    I said in a previous post that I've seen skiers closing a course at 38' off with the toe wrap, but even those guys would not even think to go to any competition without two bindings.
    Hi MapisM
    I omitted the sentence (back in the ninety's when I last skied competitively )apologize for that,totally agree with you as have been using double bindings since early eighties (kidder red line)prob be a collectors item now
    sorry for the thread drift,so many peps have a go at water skiing and end up having a nightmare,when with a little tuition it can be so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dj43 View Post
    have been using double bindings since early eighties (kidder red line)
    Funny you mention it.
    Back in those days, a friend of mine who was probably the only producer of waterskis this side of the Pond, built his top of the line model basically copying a Kidder.
    Curiously, he also made a couple of hard shell bindings (coming from an alpine skiing experience), which were very similar to what Connelly is now selling as their "Stealth" system.
    But at that time, he couldn't sell any of those, because people thought they were more dangerous than the normal binding+toe wrap, whilst actually the opposite was (and still is) true.
    Occurrences and recurrences of history...
    [/ot]