Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Searush View Post
    the more I think about it the lack of holding tanks is not an issue in open tidal waters & in harbours/marinas there are usually shore based facilities available.
    Ok, but it was neither open tidal waters nor marinas that we were talking about.
    And the point was whether u/w light can be any more harmful (or annoying) than swimming surrounded by finely shred sh!t and toilet paper.
    We can agree to disagree of course, but even if I have no u/w lights on my boat and I'm not thinking to fit any, when I'm in a secluded anchorage I still prefer to be surrounded by boats with u/w lights and black tanks than boats with neither.

But aside from agreeing to disagree on that, I'm afraid you're totally wrong on the following:
    Have you ever noticed that your eyes sting in the swimming pool? That is not the chemicals they put in the water, but it is due to the reaction of those chemicals with urine.
    I worked for chemical companies for most of my life, and one of them was a producer of swimming pool chlorine, so I know what I'm talking about.
    Suffice to say that one of the most critical issues with those tablets is that they must be perfectly water-soluble, because if even the smallest grain remains suspended in the water and it gets in your eye, you can wave good bye to it...!
    There are other products meant to colour urine, in order to show who's doing what (used mainly in public swimming pools, obviously). But what makes your eyes sting is definitely chlorine, nothing else.
    In fact, while at sea I swim with open eyes, I NEVER do that in any swimming pool. And I'd strongly suggest you to do the same (or at least use googles), if you regularly swim in pools.

Bojangles is offline Registered User

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sigmasailor View Post
    I wonder what this owner needs to compensate for.....
    Just ask him, he's on here all the time, but he might be a bit embarrased now everyone knows his true style (that's why it only his head in the avatar)

He's probably hiding out of the way when this photo was taken as it looks like there is a wee jobby sitting just off the stb quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
    Just ask him, he's on here all the time, but he might be a bit embarrased now everyone knows his true style (that's why it only his head in the avatar)

He's probably hiding out of the way when this photo was taken as it looks like there is a wee jobby sitting just off the stb quarter.
    Typical MoBo'r, that's the PORT quarter - left hand side when facing the bows (err, OK, front or pointy bit). Do you not have a pair of red & green gloves marked P & S that you could wear? But don't forget they don't work if you turn round & face the other way.

Secondly I have never been to Delaware sadly, so it goes. I suspect the guy's not actually compensating tho', he's probably just afraid of the dark.
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

wakeup is offline Registered User

Typical MoBo'r, that's the PORT quarter - left hand side when facing the bows (err, OK, front or pointy bit). Do you not have a pair of red & green gloves marked P & S that you could wear? But don't forget they don't work if you turn round & face the other way.

Secondly I have never been to Delaware sadly, so it goes. I suspect the guy's not actually compensating tho', he's probably just afraid of the dark.
    Didn't there used to be ignore this poster button ? If you noone replies then I know I am on this list

I always find your posts of the highest order, wakeup. I wouldn't dream of putting you on "ignore".

sigmasailor is offline Registered User

I wouldn't be surprised to learn his first name would be Ken and he is married to Barbie. I know I shouldn't discuss tastes; let's agree the above is not my taste.

wakeup is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by benjenbav View Post
    I always find your posts of the highest order, wakeup. I wouldn't dream of putting you on "ignore".
    At least I am not on your ignore list BJB.

Seems as though people really don't know that Searush is an escapee from the Giant Troll Zoo Farm.

Bojangles is offline Registered User

Nope, not with you there SR, defo looking at the starboard side, need to get your specs checked. BTW, I know what the P & S stands for on those gloves of yours
    Last edited by Bojangles; 01-02-12 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmasailor View Post
    I know I shouldn't discuss tastes; let's agree the above is not my taste.
    I think we can agree that a 'wee jobby' is not to anyone's taste (except, apparently, Searush's...).

Cheers
    Jimmy

Nope, not with you there SR, defo looking at the starboard side, need to get your specs checked. BTW, I know what the P & S stands for on those gloves of yours
    The boat is moored starboard side to - which incidentally is the "wrong" side traditionally, so nothing can be seen in the water that side - altho there may be a set of steps to the pontoon there. On the PORT Bow there is a small shadow in the water, probably a leaf, but only that can be what you refer to. Or do you think you are looking at the front of the boat?

Ahh, check the lettering, you may have the picture transposed - does it say Searush or hsuraeS?
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast