Hybrid View

Default Sealift Gosport - brilliant

Last time we were out on the boat one of the trim tab actuators decided to stop working so spoke to Peter, our one stop font of all knowledge for all things technical at Princess. Not a huge problem to fix, part available off the shelf in Southampton but obviously need to get the boat out of the water for Princess to come over and fit.

Cue the Gosport Sealift which is just at the end of the next pontoon to us at Haslar. Phoned up, booked a slot on Friday lunchtime, bloke form Princess arrives with a cardboard box and a toolbox hops on and helps with the ropes.

Drive in, grab a couple of ropes, turn off the engines and 5 minutes later the tide seems to have falled and left us behind ! Hop off the boat and the Sealift guys spring into action with their pressure washer to give the hull a quick once over. Actually not that bad but it all comes as part of the service.

As the ram is changed they clean off the props, rudders and shafts. An hour or so later we're back floating again. What a great bit of kit and really friendly guys working it as well.

Pull the lever on the left !!

Where's the water gone ?

Happy days !

Henry
    Last edited by henryf; 31-01-12 at 17:36.

Agreed - great kit and helpful guys!

And then it would have been rude not to pop out for the weekend

Sunday morning on the Hamble

It's a bloody hard life but I'm not one to complain

H.

Great info and great pictures Henry....

the pictures make me want to get the boat back in the water... but I might just wait until it warms up a touch!

Quote Originally Posted by henryf View Post
    And then it would have been rude not to pop out for the weekend

Sunday morning on the Hamble

It's a bloody hard life but I'm not one to complain

H.
    Nice pics, I was also out on the Solent all weekend and Sunday was so calm, very few other boats around. Certainly made me smile on my trip back from cowes.

Much better than Lowestoft - 285 for a lift and pressure wash (which only took 20 minutes)

I hope we get one of those around this area !!