Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    14,586

    Default Curses!

    The mere hint of a "FREE" overnight courtesy of MDL marinas and chance to hob nob with the rich and famous in the Windsor clubhouse would normally have me hot footing up there.
    Unfortunately it clashes with the clubs "Valiant Cruise" on the same weekend.

    Basically a day out on the glorious Medway for some very special kids in a local swimming club and their mums and dads followed by some free tuck back at the clubhouse.
    Last edited by oldgit; 03-02-12 at 14:15.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    The mere hint of a "FREE" overnight courtesy of MDL marinas and chance to hob nob with the rich and famous in the clubhouse would normally have me hot footing up there.
    Unfortunately it clashes with the clubs "Valiant Cruise" on the same weekend.

    Basically a day out on the glorious Medway for some very special kids in a local swimming club and their mums and dads followed by some free tuck back at the clubhouse.
    Isn't there going to be an awful lot of paper work involved in transiting the Tideway for much of the Summer - not just the main Olympic period. Could be a right Royal (!) pain for visitors?

  3. #13
    Brayman's Avatar
    Brayman is offline Registered User
    Location : Wimborne, Dorset
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Isn't there going to be an awful lot of paper work involved in transiting the Tideway for much of the Summer - not just the main Olympic period. Could be a right Royal (!) pain for visitors?
    An awful lot of fuss to keep OldGit away don't you think?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    316

    Smile HRH Oldgit?

    Perhaps you could ask Oldgit to salute the sail past, because your invitation is to non-tidal Thames boaters. It might make up for the diamond jubilee debacle.

  5. #15
    Brayman's Avatar
    Brayman is offline Registered User
    Location : Wimborne, Dorset
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alruss View Post
    Perhaps you could ask Oldgit to salute the sail past, because your invitation is to non-tidal Thames boaters. It might make up for the diamond jubilee debacle.
    I always salute oldgit when I see him - never gets me a drink though :-)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brayman View Post
    I always salute oldgit when I see him - never gets me a drink though :-)
    Perhaps it's an issue of number of fingers....

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    14,586

    Default

    When he gave me 2 fingers never guessed it referred to a glass of malt

  8. #18
    boatone's Avatar
    boatone is offline Registered User
    Location : On the one way system by the Traffic Lights...
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    11,450

    Default

    Never mind the chit chat - this thread is to see how many peeps will support a "right royal do" at Windsor on June 16th.

    Although there have been over 500 'views' less than half a dozen have confirmed interest although that includes a collective response from the Dunkirkers.

    Need to do better than this if its going to get off the ground.

    Help please !
    Thames MotorBoater? Care about the river? Join the www.tmba.org.uk/about-tmba

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    Never mind the chit chat - this thread is to see how many peeps will support a "right royal do" at Windsor on June 16th.

    Although there have been over 500 'views' less than half a dozen have confirmed interest although that includes a collective response from the Dunkirkers.

    Need to do better than this if its going to get off the ground.

    Help please !
    Come on folks,
    This is a great opportunity to bring back a bit of a buzz to the River. Show the naysayers that boaters can get together and do something in concert.

    It will provide a spectacle for gongoozlers which might attract more people to make better use of this great stretch of water.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    272

    Thumbs up

    Hi Tone,
    It'll be a squeeze after the Burnham cruise - but count us in,
    She x

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •