Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    Yep, this is what the transport firm I'm using have said this morning as well. So, I think it's a no.

Cheers
    Jimmy
    The cost of the cover is roughly the same as the cost of a full clean and polish, so i'd let it get grubby on the way there, and pay someone to valet it when in France. That way you get a shiny boat ready for the season.

Targa50 is offline Registered User

Yep, this is what the transport firm I'm using have said this morning as well. So, I think it's a no.

Cheers
    Jimmy
    Which shipping company did you use? How much notice do they need?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibiza boating View Post
    We moved our SC35 from Falmouth to Ibiza last summer, I was still able to use the boat in November as it was 22 degrees then...
    Ibiza is a stunning place to keep a boat, not quite as good where we are now, but it was still 17C yesterday and pretty calm conditions, compared to god knows what back in the UK.

Best decision we ever made was to move.
    Today's Weather Forecast: Scorchio.

Quote Originally Posted by lovezoo View Post
    Ibiza is a stunning place to keep a boat, not quite as good where we are now, but it was still 17C yesterday and pretty calm conditions, compared to god knows what back in the UK.

Best decision we ever made was to move.
    16 degrees in Londinium, thank you

Oh yes, I used to love those warm rainy London winter days.
    Today's Weather Forecast: Scorchio.

ACE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by volvopaul View Post
    ACE if your elbows and hoses split when the drives were beached, there well past there sell by date and will require replacing otherwise you will one day get overheating probs when on the plane, the hoses should be nice and flexible.

Thanks volvopaul yes indeed ALL sorted before she went back into the water, we replaced them all and didnt have any further problems but it was lucky I guess that my guys down there noticed it ........ as they saying goes I learn more each day

Quote Originally Posted by Targa50 View Post
    Which shipping company did you use? How much notice do they need?
    Welcome to the forum. I'm using Coast to Coast; I'm fairly flexible with my dates, and so far they've offered two dates, both with a couple of weeks notice. Unfortunately both the dates they've offered have been a bit too quick for me, but it's looking promising for next month.

Cheers
    Jimmy

Targa50 is offline Registered User

Welcome to the forum. I'm using Coast to Coast; I'm fairly flexible with my dates, and so far they've offered two dates, both with a couple of weeks notice. Unfortunately both the dates they've offered have been a bit too quick for me, but it's looking promising for next month.
    Thanks Jimmy, we are hoping to do the same trip end of May so pleased to know what you think of them. Good to know notice periods are short.

Jimmy

When do I get to have c50 litres* of the red stuff you don't/can't take with you?

* =c1/3 tank

John100156 is offline Registered User

Cheers
    Jimmy
    I used C2C to transport my Targa from Torquay to Sant Carles, they did an excellent job at both ends at a very competitive price. It was cheaper to have them take my F43 from Gib to SCM, but unfortunately they could not hit the dates, so Hurricane and Mary joined us to bring her around, almost a year ago to the day.

Hope it all goes well for you, I'm out next Wednesday, can't wait.......

SEALINE F43 - CORAL RAE

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast