Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The lock keepers will love you , every evening in the summer , dragging them away from their families so you can get your RIB out and back in.

Essentially yes...which is why I'm thinking South Dock may not be the best idea, may annoy far too many people!

Quote Originally Posted by teddington_lock View Post
    The lock keepers will love you , every evening in the summer , dragging them away from their families so you can get your RIB out and back in.
    When I was in South Dock there was a staff member in the lock office H24 so they were there to operate the lock and provide security. Has that changed?

Not been in there for a few years now , but from the blurb ...

'The marina area and pontoons are protected by security gates. Long term berth holders are issued with fobs for the duration of their stay and these are linked to our computerised security system. Visitors are given a keypad number to enable access. The marina's lock onto the Thames can be available 24 hours a day, subject only to tides with a minimum of 24 hours notice given to the lock office.Secure parking is also available to long term berth holders for an additional fee. Click the charges link to your left for further details of car park charges for berth holders and visitors. '

Suggests that if they need 24 hours notice , it will be pre booked only , which means the lock keepers will only be there if someone has booked it. ?

I called South Dock to clear things up.

07:00-19:00 during the week 08:00-17:00 at weekends, however for residents it would be possible to open the lock outside of these hours if it was pre-arranged.

The waiting list apparently is massive though (as expected), so its a non-starter for a permanent berth!

Been in South Dock a few times.Very helpful dock staff.

Could be worth talking with Greenwich Yacht Club? They have some good facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavi View Post
    Could be worth talking with Greenwich Yacht Club? They have some good facilities.
    Have often passed by there and wondered how bad it must be to moor there, and thats just my wash!! (and I am not that fast)

OK if you like bouncy bouncy I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Been in South Dock a few times.Very helpful dock staff.
    Agreed, and restaurants up the road not bad in an evening. We took my 17 year old son as a Minder!

Bets bit about South Dock and Limehouse is the locking in and out can be very quick if they just open the gates and let 20 feet of water out.

Greenwich Yacht Club moorings require a tender to get to, which is a no go for me as my boat is essentially a tender!

South Dock/Limehouse would be great, but due to their opening hours and more importantly the fact they are both full means they look like they won't work either :-(