Hybrid View

Default Stolen from Woolverstone Marina

My Rotostay E furling gear was placed on the mast racks by a rigging co. last July. I checked it occasionally to make sure it was still there. As the racks filled up I couldn't see it but assumed it was still there.
    A couple of weeks ago I decided to dismantle the foil and take it home. I failed to locate it so asked the marina staff who also couldn't find it. It was eventually found by the rigging co. but the forestay had been hacksawed and the furling drum pinched.
    I spent most of my money on boats and women; the rest I wasted

It sounds as if it was someone what wanted a replacement drum...very sad to think it was a fellow sailor.

Yes, my thoughts too.

Unhappy

Sorry to hear of loss.
    After last winter I did hear of a number of furling drums splitting as a result of ice and frost.
    Sounds to me sadly with your gear stowed away in the summer on a rack some one may have had a split drum and seeing yours etc etc.
    The perputrator may be nearer to home than you think anything on cctv marina should keep a record.

Very sad, my sympathies, it does sound like a fellow yachty unfortunately rather than metal thieves, as the latter would have nicked much more.

A few years ago Woolverstone was raised by these "brethren" and amongst lots of other rigging gear they stole a friends port shroud and spreader, he had a heck of a job to get a matching spreader for a 30 year old Dufour.

Of course my Insurance co. will not cover the loss as it was not attached to the boat. The marina do not accept any liability, therefore I am rather out of pocket.
    I hope fellow yachtsmen are aware that when their masts and associated equipment are stored away from the boat their boat insurance will not cover them.

Quote Originally Posted by spottydog View Post
    Of course my Insurance co. will not cover the loss as it was not attached to the boat. The marina do not accept any liability, therefore I am rather out of pocket.
    I hope fellow yachtsmen are aware that when their masts and associated equipment are stored away from the boat their boat insurance will not cover them.
    I know that Pants do
    If I'd wanted to live in a Banana Republic I'd have gone to South America.