Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beautiful day

Quote Originally Posted by bluejasper2 View Post
    why not mine says solo ok just not at night gjw
    I'm with GJW and didn't have single handed on my policy as never thought I'd need to, now we're under 10m is not an issue anymore.

Tbh, I've just assumed the policy covers solo...need to check this!!
    L

Worth checking, I'm not sure what the sizes are but we went from 10m to 6.5m and I think 10m was the cross over but I expect it's different with different insurers.

Quote Originally Posted by thomshap View Post
    Worth checking, I'm not sure what the sizes are but we went from 10m to 6.5m and I think 10m was the cross over but I expect it's different with different insurers.
    GJW ok to go solo occationaly but not at night boat is 9.3m

z1ppy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEDUNSTABLE View Post
    hi z1ppy.....i,m down there on 10/11 march (subject to weather) to test out my handy work (new leg bellows)...will be listening out for some "straight through" exhausts while im there !!!!................. Hope to see you about also lisa, yes i know you have moved down stream !.... vidcam allready charged up !!!!!!!.........snigger snigger !!
    we will still be ashore on 10/11 March so think I'm safe from you've been framed action!

not sure when we are back in yet, can't look past the freezing winter at the moment!!

rafiki_ is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by oGaryo View Post
    a fine idea, will pass on the advice when she wakes
    Result of the conversation may be that you take a forced sleep immediately afterwards.................... I'm speaking from personal experience here of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejasper2 View Post
    GJW ok to go solo occationaly but not at night boat is 9.3m
    I asked them to remove the "not solo at night" clause, which they did, after we had a bit of a strange conversation that started with "Do you have an autopilot?". Boat is a bit under 9m.

Quote Originally Posted by lisilou View Post
    It's days like this I wish I had the balls to go out on my own!
    L
    Yep it was just perfect out on the Solent last Weekend. Saturday, calm solent and with the sun on the canvas kept me reasonably warm. We went over to Bembridge for the night, it was just superb and a nice cream tea in St Helens. Just love having a choice of where to berth on a 200ft pontoon.

That reminds me, Duver pontoon, it dries out at the moment (spring tide), you need to make sure your closer to the office end of the pontoon. Under new owners and plan to dredge soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
    I asked them to remove the "not solo at night" clause, which they did, after we had a bit of a strange conversation that started with "Do you have an autopilot?". Boat is a bit under 9m.
    That's what I did, just called them and now covered for solo day and night, I think there was a slight increase on my excess. Also the same for at anchor, out sight clause, that was changed to.

Mike k is offline Registered User

iNSURANCE WOULD BE AN ISSUE FOR ME AS IT STATES THAT THERE MUST BE 2 COMPETENT CREW ON BOARD INCL ME! sORRY FOR CAPS ITS JSUT STARTED LIKE THAT I COULDNT BE BOTHERED RE TYPING!!

LISA THAT IS A THOUGHT FOR YOU !