Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Useless brokers

Philiz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by henryf View Post
    I've had a look on Apollo Duck and couldn't see a series 9 listed privately and couldn't see one with a link to a load of photos. Post up a link to the AD advert so I can see it. How old is it and how much is it?

Ultimately it will be price, condition and popularity that will see a boat. I'm not familiar with your boat. Would there be competition from new or newer boats, not necessarily identical but from a similar manufacturer which are being sold aggressively?

Post up the ad so we can have a look over it.

Henry
    Ad link

http://www.apolloduck.co.uk/display.phtml?aid=231401

Pics link

http://s454.photobucket.com/albums/q...mile%20Photos/
    'I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!'

PaulGooch is offline Registered User

Apologies in advance for bluntness Phil........

"Detailed images available on request." I'm gone (seen several similar ads whilst recently looking for my next boat. Why request pics when the next one includes them ?) Get your own web page on some free space and link to that, at the very list put a link to the pics in the Apolloduck ad.

On the other hand, your pics look good quality and there are plenty of them. Where i looking for a Series 9 i'd be having a good look through them all and you'd have my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGooch View Post
    Apologies in advance for bluntness Phil........

"Detailed images available on request." I'm gone (seen several similar ads whilst recently looking for my next boat. Why request pics when the next one includes them ?) Get your own web page on some free space and link to that, at the very list put a link to the pics in the Apolloduck ad.

On the other hand, your pics look good quality and there are plenty of them. Where i looking for a Series 9 i'd be having a good look through them all and you'd have my interest.
    No probs Paul,all advice gratefully received and taken on board. I don't think A D allow links to websites or pics though, but I'm willing to be told I'm wrong!
    'I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!'

PaulGooch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Philiz View Post
    No probs Paul,all advice gratefully received and taken on board. I don't think A D allow links to websites or pics though, but I'm willing to be told I'm wrong!
    Just looked and you're right. A 3 month standard ad that allows links is only 9.95.

Right, found you now.

You aren't a featured advert so no initial image in the search results which means you get ignored. As has been said you've gone to the trouble of taking pictures but only have 1 in the advert. I think for another 20 or so you can put up as many as you like as well as a link to your photos and also get a picture in the search results.

The photo you do use on AD is really nice, the boat looks good.

If I am being honest some of the other photos are a bit too detailed for a 12 year old boat. My first memories are carpets with frayed edges, excess wiring lying around in the engine bay and sound deadening cut away around retro fitted accessories.

I suspect every boat on the market will be like that but the camera is quite harsh when shooting up close and personal. Do I need to see the inner workings of an Eberspacher heater when the control panel tells me its fitted and toasty warm in there !

Pan out a bit and show the overall view.

By all means show me the engine is still new looking and the bilge is nice and clean but be careful.

I can't comment on the price because I have no idea. I totally agree with the, "available on request" comment. I take that to mean if you call up I'll go and take some more pictures for you.

Please don't take what I've said personally, merely my impression if I was looking to buy your boat. Oh and the fact you've got Gs and Ws close to each other in the advert makes me think it's based on the very upper reaches of the river Hamble rather than at the Warsash / Southampton water end

Best of luck with the sale

Henry

The last time I replied about "useless brokers " in another thread I was hit back by a broker stating how many useless marine engineers there are out there.

In this day and age we should be able to trust and get the very best for the comission we have to pay to sell a boat through a broker, though I have found out over the last year there is a very limited market for motor boats at present, well in the price bracket im selling at anyway.

Good luck to Henry he has done a first class job preparing his boat for sale, just like a proper retail business man should do.

I do think at that end of the market you need to use a broker thats related to the make of boat that can supply the back up of paperwork and any retro fitting of extras that may normally have been done at the factory.

Good luck with the 50/54 search.

Right, found you now.

You aren't a featured advert so no initial image in the search results which means you get ignored. As has been said you've gone to the trouble of taking pictures but only have 1 in the advert. I think for another 20 or so you can put up as many as you like as well as a link to your photos and also get a picture in the search results.

The photo you do use on AD is really nice, the boat looks good.

If I am being honest some of the other photos are a bit too detailed for a 12 year old boat. My first memories are carpets with frayed edges, excess wiring lying around in the engine bay and sound deadening cut away around retro fitted accessories.

I suspect every boat on the market will be like that but the camera is quite harsh when shooting up close and personal. Do I need to see the inner workings of an Eberspacher heater when the control panel tells me its fitted and toasty warm in there !

Pan out a bit and show the overall view.

By all means show me the engine is still new looking and the bilge is nice and clean but be careful.

I can't comment on the price because I have no idea. I totally agree with the, "available on request" comment. I take that to mean if you call up I'll go and take some more pictures for you.

Please don't take what I've said personally, merely my impression if I was looking to buy your boat. Oh and the fact you've got Gs and Ws close to each other in the advert makes me think it's based on the very upper reaches of the river Hamble rather than at the Warsash / Southampton water end

Best of luck with the sale

Henry
    Cheers for your input Henry, I was trying to do it Boatshed style but take your point. There was a picture in the ad, don't quite know where it's gone, but I think I'll upgrade it and add some more. I see what you mean about the carpets, they do appear frayed but actually it's how I've cut them as they are repalcement carpets, the originals are pristine and are in our spare bedroom. Perhaps I should fit them and retake the pics. I think I'm about right pricewise, the nearest is only 1000 dearer but it has no flybridge.

Can't do anything about the G & W I'm afraid, that's Wales for you

Are boatshed the people who took time to photograph the stain in the carpet on the bloke's old model Princess which prompted my original "why isn't my boat selling" thread on the P42?

I don't like photos that you have to mentally jigsaw together, I'd rather see overall images which show detail but also allow you to put the information into perspective. By all means zoom in on something to show how pristine it is but a jubilee clip is never going to look fantastic and if you get in close enough you'll be able to spot where the screwdriver has left justification marks in the metal screw.

Things like your carpets: if you've got the original ones which are in pristine condition then fit them. By all means once the pictures are taken bring them back home until you do a viewing but how else will the would be buyer know you have them?

I think it's even more important if you want to tempt someone to travel a bit to see the boat. I'm even contemplating boats in Spain when looking at the moment. Not sure I'd travel as far as the Wales though If its a great boat at a good price then the logistics of bringing it back to the UK can be dealt with but I want to be bloody sure all the ducks are lined up before I get on an airplane and I need some degree of temptation both financial and also visual.

If you know the price is right then I reckon with a bit of fine tuning you could get the thing sold.

Henry

Just to add, you mention Antifoul and anodes done April 2011. Does that mean they are due again now? If so I'd either get it sorted or take that bit out. Also space the text out a bit to give bullet point type presentation. You've got a load of gear on there but it all gets a bit lost.
    Last edited by henryf; 14-02-12 at 17:20.

crazy4557 is offline Registered User

Are boatshed the people who took time to photograph the stain in the carpet on the bloke's old model Princess which prompted my original "why isn't my boat selling" thread on the P42?

I don't like photos that you have to mentally jigsaw together, I'd rather see overall images which show detail but also allow you to put the information into perspective. By all means zoom in on something to show how pristine it is but a jubilee clip is never going to look fantastic and if you get in close enough you'll be able to spot where the screwdriver has left justification marks in the metal screw.

Things like your carpets: if you've got the original ones which are in pristine condition then fit them. By all means once the pictures are taken bring them back home until you do a viewing but how else will the would be buyer know you have them?

I think it's even more important if you want to tempt someone to travel a bit to see the boat. I'm even contemplating boats in Spain when looking at the moment. Not sure I'd travel as far as the Wales though If its a great boat at a good price then the logistics of bringing it back to the UK can be dealt with but I want to be bloody sure all the ducks are lined up before I get on an airplane and I need some degree of temptation both financial and also visual.

If you know the price is right then I reckon with a bit of fine tuning you could get the thing sold.

Henry

Just to add, you mention Antifoul and anodes done April 2011. Does that mean they are due again now? If so I'd either get it sorted or take that bit out. Also space the text out a bit to give bullet point type presentation. You've got a load of gear on there but it all gets a bit lost.
    Henry,

I can see VirginBoats being launched soon

Someone needs to do the Essex Boatyards business model in Southampton, it's the most natural place for it and you seem to know what you doing car wise...and selling your boat in a few days must demonstrate something...how about it?

Sorry for the fred rift.

ari is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4557 View Post

Someone needs to do the Essex Boatyards business model in Southampton,

Erm, you know Essex Boatyards are actually already in Southampton...?

http://www.essexboatyards.com/contactus/
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?