Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ramage is offline Registered User

Wink I am in it

Oldgit, I did both rehearsals, including the mayors parade, contrary to your list, you posted pics of Humming Bird at the time because she was right in front of you. Perhaps your boat was not up to the job, (appearance wise ) who knows. Obviously turning up to do the rehearsals was not enough. I really am sorry that you are not in the pageant ,I think, just wondering what you would moan about if you were in it, because it goes on for four days for me and I am based on the tidal Thames all those things for others to get wrong.

Default The Thames Boat Club outing.

Whichever way you interpret the result,it is a very Thames centric result with the majority of the UK excluded and most of the hobby boats chosen from within a curiously very small geographical area indeed.

Smile

I know what you are saying,but the Thames club theory doesn't work because there were four other boats from our club turned down, one of them a typical early river boat. I have no idea what criteria was used to select the participants. My boat is an ongoing project so no looker but only 2.5mtr air draft, so suitable for low bride arch with now four breast flotilla.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    "You incorrectly list my boat as a member of a Thames club and imply that I was not at the rehearsal "

Naa not me ........this does http://www.thamesdiamondjubileepagea...yFactsFaq.aspx

Click on ...details of some of the boats taking part can be found here. Its a PDF.

A far more more interesting thing would be of the aforementioned clubs,just how many of their members who DID put themselves out to attend the practice were rejected in favour of clubmates who had apparently far better things to do than attend the the Mayors Thames Festival last year ?
    Please correct your OP to reflect the fact that there is an inaccuracy. We have received a number of complaints about this.

Thanks,

Laura

Have edited original post.

YAWN!!!

And I haven't said a word!!
    Fifty Shades of Bray: Don't laugh, your Wife is probably on board...

Quote Originally Posted by No Regrets View Post
    And I haven't said a word!!

Who complained then ? Apart from old git everytime this subject comes up
    A bit daft when he posted the right link as soon as he was told the first one didnt work
    I'm gonna complain more now just because i think i might be missing out on something fun .
    Blame it on the boogie .