Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Harry25 is offline Registered User

Dates are ok for me. Just have to work out logistics of how to get there. Is there enough room for my SWMBO?

vas is offline Registered User

Bart,

just returning to normal life after a v.extensive external examiners board visit to the dept...
    Am afraid that's first week of lectures for the year and it wont be easy not to be at the uni.

I'm sure there'll be other oportunities to meet and explore your beautiful crafts but doesn't look like this one works for me.

cheers

V.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Bart

Fantastic news. I have put the dates in the diary. If allowed, SWMBO may also wish to come (but not to dive) . I will bring own wetsuit but would much appreciate your offer of bcd, regs and cylinder. Looking forward to it hugely! My last dive was in Egypt in 2010, so I will try to do a refresher dive in the UK before then.
    even more good news you're in !

Quote Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
    Dates are ok for me. Just have to work out logistics of how to get there. Is there enough room for my SWMBO?
    we will find room, might be the crew room dough

OK that was quick !

from now I have to put new reservations on the waiting list,
    still have to sort some things out with my swmbo,
    and decide for one or no cook tbc

for those that have a reservation, pls keep me updated if your plans change, and if you or your partner can't make it for a certain reason,
    you might make someone else happy.

same for extra "non" diving guests, as we don't know yet if another boat will be around, we put these reservations on hold. or also on a waiting list.

later this month I will post more practical information and details,

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    even more good news you're in !

Quote Originally Posted by AndieMac View Post
    Just a thought Bart...

What if you made it into a couple/few day trips to take the pressure of sleeping arrangements on the boat and increase the crew numbers.

Are there suitable locations close to Toulon?

There may be other boats in the SoF who may wish to join in as well?
    have been thinking about this Callum,
    but I believe its is difficult to organise and many practical constraints,

its a hassle to get the gear there for each diver also the personal stuff,
    if its only for a few teaser dives, it isn't worth the effort.

when mates stay in a hotel, we are very limited in the distance we can travel, we have to stay in the area.
    This is tipically not the aim of a dive cruise.

the number of divers on BA is limited, 6 is nice, 8..9 is maximum, so even with non resident guests, or guests on other boats,
    we can't accomodate more divers.

we don't know yet if a boat from the Antibes gang will show up, to accomodate the "tourist visitors"
    let this occasion be a try-out, and make conclusions for a next cruise

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    I will bring a few spare dive sets (jacket and regulators) can't promise for everybody, also no garanty about size and quality.
    one for MapisM is reserved.
    Just to follow up on this - many thanks in advance!
    Anyway, depending on how I will arrange some other trips, we (myself and swmbo) could be able to bring our own stuff.
    Will confirm you as soon as I'll know for sure.

It looks like we'll have an epic thread to post, by the end of this season!

waterbird is offline Registered User

Default Looks like you are going to have a wonderful time!

Hi All,

It sounds like it is going to be a wonderful trip, we are still keeping fingers crossed our property situation will grant our dreams this Spring/Summer. We are still hoping to achieve our Day Skipper qualifications and ICC this year all being well. As for Diving Lou needs to do her Padi refreshers for her instructor certificates etc but once done she is again qualified to take novices down. So future trips will hopefully be viable for us.

We are hoping we may be able to meet up with you guys somewhen down there on the glorious Med even if it is just to say Hi . Got to keep positive the Med cruise aboard our own Boat dream is firmly in our Hearts

Hope it all works out wonderfully for all of you, you really are a lovely bunch of people.

Waterbird

Harry25 is offline Registered User

Talking

Hi Bart my wife has decided not to go on the inaugural Forum Dive Cruise as a non diver and with limited spaces it would be selfish to deprive other divers, and with Match probably not being available there will be a lack of accommodation. However I did say that maybe MapisM will arrange one next year in Sardinia!!

Harry