brownsbrown is offline New User

Default Looking for Laguna 10 manual

Wondering if anyone has a manual for a 1972 Laguna 10m. My boat has 2 fuel tanks but I can't work out how to get fuel between the 2 tanks and am hoping the manual may shed some light on this.

Cheers
    Chris

Divemaster1 is offline Registered User

Unit18 in here should be around soon, and he may be able of helping.... not much about the 10.2 he does not know....

Got a friend in Norway with one and could ask him as well.... he's done a lot with the boat, and did recently fit extended swim platform and stern gate, but have experienced tank issues.... He's got twin Cummins 5.9 300's onboard...What engines do you have fitted ?
    Regards, Alf

I've stopped drinking water .... I have seen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

Ah, mine is (was) a 11.5 which if I recall has a different tank layout, however I may have a general manual for a 10.2.
    PM me or post here if your still looking for info.

Laguna 10M

from 25 years of Motor Cruisers from MBM.

brownsbrown is offline New User

Hi, apologies for the delayed response. I would love a copy of the 10m manual if available.

Re engines: It now has twin 300hp Mermaid Turbo Plus. http://www.mermaid-marine.co.uk/documents/TurboPlus.pdf Engine space is quite tight so needed tailored sumps.

I spoke to an engineer recently and he thinks it just uses gravity to push the fuel uphill (!!) from the tank under the floor in the saloon into the working tank in the engine room. Not a great solution so hoping to work out an alternate solution.

Cheers Chris
    Chris

Default Laguna 10m tanks

The flat fuel tank under the saloon floor is connected directly to the "L" shaped tank aft with a 1.1/2 flex pipe - as you draw from the aft tank (about halfway down on the step) - the front tank level drops - It's a daft idea -
    a) because you have to pump out fuel from the aft tank to below the stand pipe level if you want to remove the stand pipes (originally these had gauze filters on them)
    b) the bottom of the alluminium tanks - especially the aft one - had a top hat section where the flex hose conected to the fwd tank, if you had sea water in the bilges the top hat used to rot!!! - how do I knw this? - because I had the job of cutting off the alloy top hat (after pumping the fuel out!) and replacing it with a stainless one that was secured to the bottom of the tank with a large diam piece of hose and jubilee clips

Beautifully made boats - but rubish GM toroflow engines (They were OK before Ammarine turbo'd them) - the very early ones with the V8 Cats were nicer and thats what the boat was designed around

Sold the boat now but still have access to it, I'll have a look onboard at the weekend and see if the manuals still there.
    I got mine simply by writing to A.M. and they couldn't have been more helpful, sending the manuals UPS and no charge!