Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
    photodog is offline Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthorpe

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    No, Straight, as Men Real Do
    Wot, Even for BREAKFAST???

maxi77 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by photodog View Post
    Fastest hangover cure known to man, mind you you have to keep drinking it ir the next hangover is a real pain.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by photodog View Post
    as the churchill dogs says, Oh Yes

are you coming Edna May then
    I may be wrong but not always

Quote Originally Posted by awol View Post
    Not sure that England will be allowed to remain in the EC when there is no longer a United Kingdom and renegotiating the treaty to retain membership would necessarily mean Euros and Shengen (and civil unrest if there is not a plebiscite), that is if England's fiscal policies could actually meet the Euro criteria.

My MSP assures me that when Scotland is a sovereign nation again diesel will be tastefully coloured tartan, probably Hunting Stuart.
    England's never been in the EU, only the UK. Whether or not you could still call it a United Kingdom if Wales and NI were independent I have no idea. I believe we would have to have a referendum if we were to re-join the EU so I suspect it's a moot point anyway. Not often you see "tastefully coloured" and "Tartan" in the same sentence

Beadle is offline Registered User
    Location : Rural Nth Yorks - 2 miles from bus stop, 8 miles from station.

Quote Originally Posted by bammylovechops View Post
    I have read all of the threads, I think a factor that has been largely overlooked is a boats location. I am berthed in North Wales, where there are in deed many large Mobo's, paying around the Four grand mark, I do not know of any one who would vote/choose to pay more for fuel because non of them travel to the Continent. So the point to bear in mind is there are a lot more marina's that having expensive White would not benefit. I would think that nationally that would be the case.
    The country is a bigger place than the South coast!
    It may be worth a thought

That many of them will go to Ireland

And Ireland is in the EU - so the same rules will apply there as in Belgium, France etc.

Even if the Irish still have the green stuff .

How Scotland will manage if it becomes independant I can't imagine.
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    Fox`s marina as an instance, commissions Oyster Yachts almost all are company owned ( some how or other) these will be allowed vast quantities of red as will all those boats ( yachts & mobos) who enjoy just "tootling about" local.
    the few of us that go further will be disadvantaged as i do not think the trade will stand an extra tank,pump ect for white
    Never happy.
    Do british sailors who go abroad just up sticks overnight and go without any forethought?
    Knowing that you are going to cross channel etc withen a matter of weeks, months etc would you not have plenty time to either use up your stock of red and fill up with white from your local petrol station or is that too much ****ing work for some of you.
    Folk moaned when they tried to ban the red now you are moaning when we are getting to keep it.
    C_W
    Holiday Flat to let in Millport , pm for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde_Wanderer View Post
    Never happy.
    Do british sailors who go abroad just up sticks overnight and go without any forethought?
    Knowing that you are going to cross channel etc withen a matter of weeks, months etc would you not have plenty time to either use up your stock of red and fill up with white from your local petrol station or is that too much ****ing work for some of you.
    Folk moaned when they tried to ban the red now you are moaning when we are getting to keep it.
    C_W
    some of us live nearer civilisation than others
    I may be wrong but not always

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde_Wanderer View Post
    Never happy.
    Well yes, that's exactly what many do. If it looks like a good weekend and you find you don't have work or family commitments you grab it. Cherbourg is 10 hours on a good day in a fastish 30 footer from Poole. For a planing MoBo it's about 3 hours and it's very common to try and get away early on a Friday evening either sail through the evening or even leave later and sail overnight if you have a enough crew to set watches.

Also, it is not that easy to get rid of the red. If you have a full tank of the stuff, you are going to have to run it close to empty at least twice and refill before you are down to safe levels - not easy to do in short notice for many boats.

moodyNick is offline Registered User

Just to throw some real facts into the frenzy.

as of today's pricing, white marine diesel with all duty and VAT applied is 1p/litre less than red diesel if 100% duty is declared. So the main difference is the relief on 40% duty (IF repeat IF it that is what you declare), which equates to 20p per litre at least until the budget in March.

ie net difference is 19p per litre.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast