Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post
    If we used Green diesel for ALL marine applications, like the Irish, and kept the same arrangements of 60/40 declarations, then that would solve the continents problems of confusion over their strict " no red" policy and enforcement procedures.

Belgiums filling here would have the necessary receipt and all would be happy, as Green is not available on the continent.

Logistics: Marine Red diesel is now a different blend from agricultural fuel which has to have the regulation quantity of FAME added. So this would not cause a problem here.

What do you think about this, could it work?
    The word "red" does not appear anywhere in the directive - it talks about "marked" fuel which indicates that it has been subject to a reduced tax regime - and that cannot be sold to non-commercial users for propulsion.

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

If we used Green diesel for ALL marine applications, like the Irish, and kept the same arrangements of 60/40 declarations, then that would solve the continents problems of confusion over their strict " no red" policy and enforcement procedures.

Belgiums filling here would have the necessary receipt and all would be happy, as Green is not available on the continent.

Logistics: Marine Red diesel is now a different blend from agricultural fuel which has to have the regulation quantity of FAME added. So this would not cause a problem here.

What do you think about this, could it work?
    I think we just have to go white, and let commercial users reclaim whatever portion of the duty they are rebated. As to the 'they'll put it in their cars' argument, maybe they will. As we have 'the finest police force in the world' we'll have to rely on Mr Plod catching them at it.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

Chris_Robb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Twister_Ken View Post
    I think we just have to go white, and let commercial users reclaim whatever portion of the duty they are rebated. As to the 'they'll put it in their cars' argument, maybe they will. As we have 'the finest police force in the world' we'll have to rely on Mr Plod catching them at it.
    That would be unenforceable. Mr Plod has enough to do now with out doing that. Green - could they change the EU directive - pigs might fly!!!

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Mr Plod has enough to do now with out doing that.
    Does he? In small fishing harbours? Not from watching Doc Martin he doesn't!
    Next time, it'll all be different.

Actualy, it is HMRC road fuels testing unit that enforces that particular piece of legislation. I know 'cos I was tested just outside our Marina!

Default You get fined - then what??

So many threads going don't know where to post this really.

Scenario

You take a chance with your red / pink tankful.

You get inspected in your first port of call before you can get to the fuel dock to top up with the legal stuff & get a docket.

250l tank capacity so a whopping fine.

Question

You get examined & fined. Is this fine a one off - you're a naughty boy & you carry on with your holiday (now ruined) with your fine receipt to hand or is there a potential for additional fines at every other place on the near continent?

Could have the makings of a very short foreign holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by bammylovechops View Post
    I have read all of the threads, I think a factor that has been largely overlooked is a boats location. I am berthed in North Wales, where there are in deed many large Mobo's, paying around the Four grand mark, I do not know of any one who would vote/choose to pay more for fuel because non of them travel to the Continent.
    What you and others forget is that it's only your heating diesel that will be more expensive. Your propulsion diesel will cost the same as before. Now, if some mobo owners have been incorrectly claiming tax relief on their propulsion diesel then that's their lookout and the opportunity to fiddle the tax should, IMHO, be withdrawn....
    Proudly supporting our troops. http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewinds View Post
    You get examined & fined. Is this fine a one off - you're a naughty boy & you carry on with your holiday (now ruined) with your fine receipt to hand or is there a potential for additional fines at every other place on the near continent?
    According to my best info, you would get fined in every port you are checked.
    www.guapa.pn
    Be realistic - aim for the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewinds View Post
    So many threads going don't know where to post this really.

Scenario

You take a chance with your red / pink tankful.

You get inspected in your first port of call before you can get to the fuel dock to top up with the legal stuff & get a docket.

250l tank capacity so a whopping fine.

Question

Could have the makings of a very short foreign holiday.
    Good question. Natural justice ( ! ) would indicate that you shouldn't be prosecuted again in the same country, but if you moved to a different country I suppose you'd be a candidate for another fine.

OTOH I wounder if the fine could be levied daily (i.e. a fresh offence each day)
    Last edited by Sea_Spray; 23-02-12 at 10:50. Reason: typo
    Proudly supporting our troops. http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea_Spray View Post
    Good question. Natural justice ( ! ) would indicate that you shouldn't be prosecuted again in the same country, but if you moved to a different country I suppose you'd be a candidate for another fine.

OTOH I wounder if the fine could be levied daily (i.e. a fresh offence each day)
    Our multi-owner boat is going abroad - only one owner will have signed the declaration. Presumably, he can't be fined for the actions of another?

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast