Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Nothing wrong with Banff, I have a boat there, its easy. This was a combination of tide, and swell, he should have waited a bit and it would have dropped down. Nice little town, good pubs and restaurants and very sheltered in a northerly gale.
    They don't like it up 'em.

Blue5 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by prv View Post
    Yep - everything's always a crisis, and they nearly die at least once in every episode.

Part of that is Tim's own doom-and-gloom attitude sometimes, though

Pete
    And he's doing very nicely out of the proceeds.....................we enjoy it, how can you not admire them.........great viewing

Default On the One Show now BBC1

"It was the crew's fault"

Thumbs up

Just watched the recording.

Don't really understand all the negatives.

I (& my wife) enjoyed it. Ok nothing earth-shattering happened - some bumpy seas but not really overplayed (by TV standards).

I'll be watching the next one.

Besides - they've been to more places in Britain than I've been by boat.

Good on them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewinds View Post
    Just watched the recording.

Don't really understand all the negatives.

I (& my wife) enjoyed it. Ok nothing earth-shattering happened - some bumpy seas but not really overplayed (by TV standards).

I'll be watching the next one.

Besides - they've been to more places in Britain than I've been by boat.

Good on them both.
    +1 really enjoyable
    "It was the crew's fault"

JimC is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewinds View Post
    Good on them both.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Nothing wrong with Banff, I have a boat there, its easy. This was a combination of tide, and swell, he should have waited a bit and it would have dropped down. Nice little town, good pubs and restaurants and very sheltered in a northerly gale.
    His boat handling is a bit dodgy - you can see when entering Banff that there's a significant swell coming from starboard side which is going to carry him towards the port side wall. But love the series.

I wonder whether the Spalls have every been to sea in a proper sea boat, they would notice the difference. They must have to wait for very benign conditions before setting out in PM.
    Perhaps when they get back to London Tim will splash out on a proper sea boat - maybe even with sails - then he will be able to appreciate the full joy of being 'All at Sea'.[/QUOTE]

If he gets a "proper sea boat" does it mean he has to abandon his the sense of humour as well ?

Think I would stick the Princess Matilda at least it comfortable and does not spend all day at 45 degrees going round and round bouys for "fun" .

affinite is offline Registered User

Default Good clean fun

Just watched it on iPlayer and enjoyed it.

I suspect most of us on the forum would have been able to recognise and empathise with at least one of Tims "oh sh*t" moments and it was nice to watch a UK version of "Distant Shores" for a change.

BTW - I'm glad Im not the only one wondering how suitable Tims boat is for that sort of cruising.

Good luck to them.