Exclamation Warning: Timothy Spall's rope-trick

On their barge, Timothy Spall amused his wife 'for the thousandth time' by looking hungrily at a fake 'knot' in a piece of rope, then putting the knot in his mouth while pulling both ends...so when he opens his mouth, the knot has magically gone.

It's funny, if done with skill and convincing facial expressions. I bet it'd make kiddies crack up laughing...

...but...there may be a maximum diameter rope that it works with. I just tried it with a piece of 10mm Marlowbraid and the rapidly unravelling knot nearly took a tooth out.

Default Well

As I always suspected. Size DOES matter

ukmctc is offline Registered User

or the size of your gob!

CharlesSwallow is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dancrane View Post
    On their barge, Timothy Spall amused his wife 'for the thousandth time' by looking hungrily at a fake 'knot' in a piece of rope, then putting the knot in his mouth while pulling both ends...so when he opens his mouth, the knot has magically gone.

It's funny, if done with skill and convincing facial expressions. I bet it'd make kiddies crack up laughing...

...but...there may be a maximum diameter rope that it works with. I just tried it with a piece of 10mm Marlowbraid and the rapidly unravelling knot nearly took a tooth out.

Maybe you should contact underdog.co.uk at make a claim against the BBC?

BTW. Isn't this really a topic for the "Lounge"?

Chas