Default Moody 36 Drip feed heater

We are looking at getting a Moody 36, there is no heating and we would like a drip feed diesel, may consider a charcoal heater (though wonder if it could provide enough heat).

We cannot see where we could site a heater without losing seating and moving cushions, anyone done this or can point me in the right direction.

We do not want to go down the webasto or eberspacher route.

rotrax is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARSONSHEATH View Post
    We are looking at getting a Moody 36, there is no heating and we would like a drip feed diesel, may consider a charcoal heater (though wonder if it could provide enough heat).

We cannot see where we could site a heater without losing seating and moving cushions, anyone done this or can point me in the right direction.

We do not want to go down the webasto or eberspacher route.
    I purchased a "Corona" liquid fuel heater for use on the hook, alongside or on a mooring. Would not consider using it unless its fairly calm. It uses low odour fuel, has a carbon fibre wick and has battery lighting. It has been very reliable and is now in its third winter. Our large salon is warm in half an hour after lighting. Google Corona liquid fuel heater. The turbo ones have a 240v fan assist and are not suitable. We secure it under the salon table with a bungy and keep the removable tank in a container in the starboard lazarette. It does not cause noticable condensation and the CO alarm stays quiet. We never use it while asleep either. A simple and inexpensive solution for us- about 120.00 three years ago. I dont know the current price.

You might want to look at a Dickinson Newport. Nothing to do with the company just one very contented user, for the past 7 years including a winter in Norway with temps down to -15C.

Refleks. I cut out some seating to fit mine 20 years ago and have never regretted it.

ribrage is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
    You might want to look at a Dickinson Newport. Nothing to do with the company just one very contented user, for the past 7 years including a winter in Norway with temps down to -15C.
    +1 for that , nice glass panel to see the flame, well made, puts out more heat than i need on a 44ft , low maintenance and hot water option, another content owner

tip: get it direct from canada it cost me in the region of 800 as opposed to the 3500 fitted price and it isnt difficult to fit , you just need a little space on a bulk head.
    No one home...............Gone sailing !
    http://www.sailblogs.com/member/blown-away/