chrissy is offline Registered User

Cool Nasa speed and distance log

Have been down to boat today what a corker of a day!

My problem is with my speed and distance log instrument, it powers up ok but does not register any speed.

I have taken the paddle wheel sensor out and it is not covered with muck or weed have tried spinning it up but still it does not register. Is it u/s or does it just need re calibrating.

It worked ok when i first bought the boat.

Thanks all.

Jim@sea is offline Registered User

Why dont you ring the manufacturers and ask them. PS I had one of these and I bought a spare paddle wheel, I would buy one and swap it and see if there is an improvement

Spinning should show some sort of reading, at least at low rpm. The instrument is not designed for speed over a certain limit so a rapid spin of the paddle may make the instrument incapable of reading the pulse.

You can get a complete unit or just the paddlewheel
    http://www.nasamarine.com/products.php?cat=9

rafiki_ is offline Registered User

I have Nasa Target log and depth gauges. There has been a couple of times when the log hasn't registered, but knocking the crud off has done the trick.

If it has been left a while try removing the RF plug from the back of the instrument and ensure it is not corroded, clean and refit also.... I recently thought mine was goosed and then found it was set on trip! Once set to speed all was good in the world of smeaks!