Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jet skis through West Mersea Moorings

Some of you may know that I have been re-uploading my films in HD to youtube.

So this famous little film was re-posted

beware rude words only partially bleeped

this email dropped thbrough my letter box

jamesarpc

Jetskis
    Hi,

I write for the Daily Gazette (Colchester) and cover the Mersea patch.
    I saw your video about the through West Mersea.

Is this a constant problem? Would it be worth writing something about to try and stop them?

If so I wonder if you wouldn't mind giving me a call on Tuesday or dropping me an email with your contact details.

James Cox
    Colchester Daily Gazette

I said I had not been through West mersea for a while but I was pretty shocked when it happened

he is going to keep an eye on the thread here so you can say what you want him to read here

if you want to contact him direct PM me and I will pass on the details

now that I am a duck punter - these clowns would have me in the drink before hou could blink

this is lurch and his mates sailing to the strood

lovely little film he made

http://youtu.be/g3jZs2IO2_o

Ianqv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dylanwinter View Post
    Some of you may know that I have been re-uploading my films in HD to youtube.

So this famous little film was re-posted

beware rude words only partially bleeped

this email dropped thbrough my letter box

jamesarpc

Jetskis
    Hi,

I write for the Daily Gazette (Colchester) and cover the Mersea patch.
    I saw your video about the through West Mersea.

Is this a constant problem? Would it be worth writing something about to try and stop them?

If so I wonder if you wouldn't mind giving me a call on Tuesday or dropping me an email with your contact details.

James Cox
    Colchester Daily Gazette

I said I had not been through West mersea for a while but I was pretty shocked when it happened

he is going to keep an eye on the thread here so you can say what you want him to read here

if you want to contact him direct PM me and I will pass on the details

now that I am a duck punter - these clowns would have me in the drink before hou could blink

this is lurch and his mates sailing to the strood

lovely little film he made

http://youtu.be/g3jZs2IO2_o
    Total idiots!!!

Love the commentary!! I'm so so pleased that there is someone out there just like me!!! lol
    Yacht: French Connection / Jeanneau 37

GrumpyOldGit is offline Registered User

Now you have a Duck Punt, simply attach Punt Gun and terrify them with your firepower !
    I know most of us will be looking the other way should you appear a little scary to the poor hooligans ............

Angry

I agree with everything you say in that video!

The chap in the speed boat was actually one of them who put me off mooring in Mersea for years. I recognise the idiot and his **** boat.

I was climbing from the tender with my daughter who was 6 at the time and that idiot comes screaming past. The boat was rocking everywhere from the wake and I lost my footing. Christ knows how I held on and held onto my daughter.

Mersea really needs the boys in Black in the summer when the A-Hole Navy arrives en-masse. They need to issue strong fines and even impound vessels for such anti-social behaviour and speeds through moorings.

Total, utter ****ing Idiots.

Keith 66 is offline Registered User

There is a PWC / speedboat club at Allhallows in Kent & they regularly visit Benfleet creek. They are absolutely fine & cause no problems. Unfortunately they & other responsible users are let down by a significant number of morons. we call them "the Romford Navy",
    This has led to the closure of the old public slip at Benfleet & gating off of the EA one. Most PWC's now launch at Shoebury East beach or Wat Tyler at Basildon. One good thing about the recession is it seems to have curbed the numbers of idiots as they get bored pretty quick & fuel is expensive!

Gladys is online now Registered User

Essex Police Marine section are frequent visitors to Mersea and have been known to seize PWC's on occasion...
    Larry Botheras

Colvic Victor 35 "Gladys"

FWIW its not just Mersea that suffers from these clowns, we have more than our fair share out from Brightlingsea/St Osyth. Fortunately, the Harbour team are pretty good at controlling the ones who launch from Brightlingsea and irresponsible behaviour is curtailed quite quickly, it is the lot who launch from St Osyth beach who are the real problem. Maybe the Gazette could take a wander down to Brightlingsea and Mersea one hot summer Saturday on the top of tide and witness the lack of seamanship displayed by these morons.

As a rider to this I would add that there ARE several very responsible Jet Skiers that do respect other water users and do take all proper precautions when afloat and near other traffic...sadly the many give a bad name to the few!
    I wish they would move mornings to a more convenient time of the day...

Default I love Brightlingsea

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    FWIW its not just Mersea that suffers from these clowns, we have more than our fair share out from Brightlingsea/St Osyth. Fortunately, the Harbour team are pretty good at controlling the ones who launch from Brightlingsea and irresponsible behaviour is curtailed quite quickly, it is the lot who launch from St Osyth beach who are the real problem. Maybe the Gazette could take a wander down to Brightlingsea and Mersea one hot summer Saturday on the top of tide and witness the lack of seamanship displayed by these morons.

As a rider to this I would add that there ARE several very responsible Jet Skiers that do respect other water users and do take all proper precautions when afloat and near other traffic...sadly the many give a bad name to the few!
    I love Brightlingsea and would eventually like to end up there once I finish my little journey...

but if the only time you can sail is at weekends every time the weather is good brightlingsea can be pretty rank with them

however, a journey to the upper reaches of Pyefleet usually allows you to get clear of them

just thinking of Brightlingsea makes me happy

Dylan
    Last edited by dylanwinter; 28-02-12 at 22:29.

Just thinking of Wells Next The Sea makes me happy
    Harwich for the Continent - Frinton For the Incontinent

Quote Originally Posted by dylanwinter View Post

just thinking of Brightlingsea makes me happy

Dylan
    Really enjoyed my 'Winter Afloat' at Brightlingsea. Very friendly folk and helpful harbour master (who has now since changed, if my memory is right)
    Best not mention when I left my car parked a little close to the 'hard' at approaching high water.

Now if 'Cell Block - H' could disappear, i'd be even happier.