Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    multihullsailor6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Carmel2 View Post
    This is going to be interesting, I have asked them to take out the new repatriation clause and refund me the correct amount. I am a full-time liveaboard so have nowhere to be repatriated to.
    Carmel2, any update from Allianz Ireland on the repatriation clause?

Here is what World Nomads had to say about my question:
    "A Worldnomads policy is travel insurance with the provision for the cover of emergency medical expenses incurred overseas. We are not health insurance.We can howver, offer you travel insurance. Before we can provide you with more information, could you please determine your country of permanent residence.Insurance is purchased based on your country of permanent residence.Your country of permanent residence can be defined as the country where you have your permanent home or principal establishment and to where, whenever you are absent, you intend to return.Your country of permanent residence can also be defined as the country you would wish to be repatriated to in the event of a medical emergency and where you would receive long term medical care, if required. This should also be the country where you are legally defined as a permanent resident (not temporary).Please be aware, however, that your policy does not cover expenses incurred within one's country of permanent residence."

So if anything serious happens they'll bring me "back home" and I'm stuffed / financially on my own without a basic state health insurance.
    Roger
    Catamaran "Burnout"

Carmel2 is offline Registered User

'Please note that the repatriation plan has been added as a compulsory additional plan for all members. Your premium is not affected by this plan.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,'

So basiclly shut up or put up
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not Happy.
    Cheers, Paul.

BobnLesley is offline Registered User

Default I don't have time to look into it at the moment...

but would suggest you Google 'Horizons Unlimited'. It's a website aimed at the more adventurous, long distance/term motorcycle tourer and I know there's a section in the website advising/discussing medical insurance; if the Companies on there are covering motorcyclists, then there's a fair bet that they'll positively welcome business from something as safe as yachties.
    I chose the road less travelled, now where the hell am I?