Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What happened to holy island?

Just watched the stalls and princess Matilda ........... Eyemouth to Newcastle with just a stop at Amble? What happened to the Farnes? Bamburgh? Dunstanburgh? Newton haven? Blyth? and the host of other gems missed ........... Must have been a very fretty day when that was travelled!

Baddox is offline Registered User

Oh burger, have I missed All At Sea? Hopefully the black box has recorded it. You’re right that any programme about sailing from Eyemouth to the Tyne must surely cover places like Dunstanburgh, Bamburgh, the Farnes and even the Eyemouth cliff’s. But Blyth, a little gem? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Baddox View Post
    Oh burger, have I missed All At Sea? Hopefully the black box has recorded it. You’re right that any programme about sailing from Eyemouth to the Tyne must surely cover places like Dunstanburgh, Bamburgh, the Farnes and even the Eyemouth cliff’s. But Blyth, a little gem? :-)
    A gem indeed...... Try the bombardier hmmm nectar.

To be fair, I don't think they have the skills or a suitable vessel for some of those destinations.
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

Don't worry, Dylan will spend half a decade on the Northumbrian coast when he gets there in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Searush View Post
    To be fair, I don't think they have the skills or a suitable vessel for some of those destinations.
    True, but I know they were in Anstruther and that was not mentioned at all, although one of the maps with the dotted lines did show a diversion into that part of the Forth but no name.

Quote Originally Posted by dt4134 View Post
    Don't worry, Dylan will spend half a decade on the Northumbrian coast when he gets there in 2018.
    Can't wait! It always seems much more interesting when the subject is somewhere you know.

Oh, and as a matter of public record, I would like to anounce my radar reflector has been on national television!

Stuart
    The Witch tapped the broomstick and "Whooosh," they were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddox View Post
    Yes I was most disappointed at the lack of shots as they motored down the coast.
    There's no excuse other than bad weather and I suspect this is because for much of the voyage the Spalls and camera crew aren't onboard.

As soon as Tim sees a bit of North Sea hobble, its abandon ship and let a hired crew get bounced about on the barge!
    Then when the sea is flat and the sun is out, nip across in the tender once she's entered port.

Is it me or does that engine seems loud - I'd invest in some more soundproofing.

When they left Scotland at the end of the previous program he said they were heading for Seahouses. As that is where one side of my family comes from, I was looking forward to it. Maybe they didn't enjoy it?
    Allan

Indeed regardless of port of call princess m could have taken the inner sound past the Farnes in the shadow of Bamburgh castle! And still caught the pilotage down the coast to Amble. Must have blown up a huley or a frett set in. Never mind another month and we can sail it again!

EdWingfield is offline Registered User

I saw them at anchor in Holy Island. They stayed overnight I think.
    Blow wind, rise storm,
    Ship ashore before dawn.