Hybrid View

Scotty_Tradewind is offline Registered User
    Location : Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat: Portsmouth harbour, Wicormarine

Default Gaz 970 bottle restraining straps

I have a teak box on the stern deck as storage place sorted with drains/ventilator etc..and plastic dishes for the bottles to sit in to avoid rust stains, but need to hold the bottles securely in place.

.................................................. .................................................. ................
    What sort of restraining/fixing straps can you get FOR THIS SMALLER SIZED bottle or have you made up your own system?
    .................................................. .................................................. ................

I have two Gaz 907 bottles and need to get two more (anyone selling two?) having one bottle on tap and the other 3 ready for that longer trip(s).
    You never get to where you want to go if you only travel on sunny days.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Tradewind View Post
    I have a teak box on the stern deck as storage place sorted with drains/ventilator etc..and plastic dishes for the bottles to sit in to avoid rust stains, but need to hold the bottles securely in place.

What sort of restraining/fixing straps can you get FOR THIS SMALLER SIZED bottle or have you made up your own system?

I have two Gaz 907 bottles and need to get two more (anyone selling two?) having one bottle on tap and the other 3 ready for that longer trip(s).
    i have 2 907s but too far from you i guess
    I may be wrong but not always

pvb is offline Registered User

Bungee cord.

jusw is offline Registered User

I used an old LJ strap with plastic catch - adjsutable around the waist of the bottle. The strap is rivetted onto the side of the locker.

Re spare bottles, I have 2 you can have for a small fee. PM me

JuSw

Would this do? I don't know if a 7kg bottle is the same as a 907 bottle

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/gas-...le-j11935.html
    'The lyf so short
    the arte so long to lerne.'

geoid96 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by parsifal View Post
    Would this do? I don't know if a 7kg bottle is the same as a 907 bottle
    The Campingaz 907 holds 2.75 kg butane and is 203mm dia.

Our 907 is retained with a stainless strap with a quick release clamp. This fits around the cylinder base and, unlike the fabric strap can be tightened one handed. As our locker is in the transom, this is a useful feature.

geoid96 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Stork_III View Post
    That's exactly what I was trying to describe. The smaller size fits the 907.

ukmctc is offline Registered User

I use 2 x 907's and 2 x small propane so I can buy which ever is cheaper also use here in uk or overseas. Connected via a gas manifold I have both types on, ready to use which ever is cheapest.
    Buy a motorcycle bungynet it will hold anything in place and is only 5.99 Halfords, Car auto spares shop or Motorcycle shop.