Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: GJW Direct

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Farnham, Hampshire
    Posts
    131

    Default Another fan of GJW

    I have been insured with GJW with my three boats. Excellent service and always wondered what they would be like in the event of claim.....unfortunately now I know, and they are excellent, first class.

    Repair work and payment of the claim was handled remarkably swiftly and they made the whole process as painless as possible.

    Really nice people to deal with, either by phone or email too.

    Best wishes

    H

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Cambridge UK
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    I was insured with GJW for the 1st few years of my ownership of Sirenia, My Evo 25

    When I managed to sink her they paid out the sum I asked for without any difficulty.
    We had her back on the water the following year again insured with GJW.

    Come the renewal the following year they wanted over £400.
    Yachtline wanted £260 for the same cover (I had made them fully aware of the claim).
    I phoned GJW to ask them to reconsider their quote as I wanted to stay with them but not at that cost.
    The reply was "we need to recover the cost of your claim so the best we can do is £390"
    I am now insured with YachtLine.

    I would happily go back to GJW if the price was right.
    Dyslexia ruels k.o.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    397

    Default

    I used GJW for a number of years but never had a claim which is the true test for any insurance company. Last year I decided to look around for competitive quotes instead of just auto renewing. I discovered I could get the same cover elsewhere for over £100 less! When i challenged GJW on this they claimed the market was volatile and offered to match the quote. I was not impressed at all, the insurance market is not that volatile and it left me with the impression i had been overcharged, probably for quite a few years. My insurance has just come up for renewal and again I went for a few quotes before I renewed.

    My advice is to shop around annually, it is surprising how much money you can save, but do be sure you are getting like for like cover in the proposals.
    Work is for people who don't go sailing
    yacht-antrice.blogspot.co.uk

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    gradually diminishing with age. Now Europe
    Posts
    585

    Default Yacht Insurance

    Claim experience matters far more than the premium.
    If you're wrecked, you do not want to have to haggle.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    14,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binch View Post
    Claim experience matters far more than the premium.
    If you're wrecked, you do not want to have to haggle.
    +1
    www.guapa.pn
    Mieux vaut flotter sans grâce que couler en beauté.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    397

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by binch View Post
    Claim experience matters far more than the premium.
    If you're wrecked, you do not want to have to haggle.
    +1
    Work is for people who don't go sailing
    yacht-antrice.blogspot.co.uk

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Well I don't want GJW getting a big head, but have been insured with them for a few years and so far, very helpful and friendly service.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveG View Post
    I was insured with GJW for the 1st few years of my ownership of Sirenia, My Evo 25

    When I managed to sink her they paid out the sum I asked for without any difficulty.
    We had her back on the water the following year again insured with GJW.

    Come the renewal the following year they wanted over £400.
    Yachtline wanted £260 for the same cover (I had made them fully aware of the claim).
    I phoned GJW to ask them to reconsider their quote as I wanted to stay with them but not at that cost.
    The reply was "we need to recover the cost of your claim so the best we can do is £390"
    I am now insured with YachtLine.

    I would happily go back to GJW if the price was right.
    Let's hope Yachtline are as helpful at your next sinking (god forbid), but if not you've saved £130 anyway.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Cambridge UK
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stork_III View Post
    Let's hope Yachtline are as helpful at your next sinking (god forbid), but if not you've saved £130 anyway.

    YachtLine are part of Pantaenius who have a good reputation so hopefully I would be o.k. if the worst happened.
    Dyslexia ruels k.o.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •