Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    toad_oftoadhall is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Try post 82 as well.
    Yeah, if post 82 linked to an external source verifying what you say, and if you would say which law it "clarifies" then we'd have a pretty definitive answer.

Since you won't do either, what you say is so dubious you don't even dare tell the RYA legal dept!

Quote Originally Posted by toad_oftoadhall View Post
    Now you're telling people then need to buy your products to charter in Greece, and they don't!
    The first company I investigated says clearly that a minimum of an ICC or day skipper is required. Did you even look??

I am afraid you are starting to look a bit silly with your denials when its written there for all to see.

Im sure all sailing schools are very disapointed not to have your business....

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    The first company I investigated says clearly that a minimum of an ICC or day skipper is required. Did you even look??
    There are charter firms in the Uk that require quals. Are you saying you need quals to charter in the Uk?

Well I never! Looks like I am still on his ignore list!

Don't know how he will cope when he discovers one of his "myths" has been exploded - particularly when it is his sole creation.

Next thing he will be claiming all those Greek companies are in the pay of the RYA in order to increase the "sales" of ICCs. No - must not give him ideas.

Keep at him Captain - Google a few more and send him the links.

Are you having a problem answering a simple question?

Regarding the UK, ring any Insurance company that covers boat charters to resolve your dilemma.

Anyway, we know that you like to have the last word, so until next time......

Are you having a problem answering a simple question?
    Sorry, I should have answered. Yes, I read the link. I don't really see what in demonstrates? I'm saying it's perfectly possible to charter in Greece with no quals.

Regarding the UK, ring any Insurance company that covers boat charters to resolve your dilemma.
    I hope you aren't saying that quals are required to charter in the uk???

Yeah, if post 82 linked to an external source verifying what you say, and if you would say which law it "clarifies" then we'd have a pretty definitive answer.

Since you won't do either, what you say is so dubious you don't even dare tell the RYA legal dept!
    An administrative instruction IS the law : an integral part of the law process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    An administrative instruction IS the law : an integral part of the law process.
    This debate went circular months ago and we've been at this point in the argument three times at least (once in this thread!).

In response to that, I say something like: "Ahh, so in that case it was legal for a uk boat to visit France with no Reg docs before that e-mail."

...and then you say something like: "No because the administrative instruction only clarifies a pre-existing law."

...and I say something like: "Which law?"

...and then you duck that question.

jimbaerselman is offline Registered User

I can't quote such a law because I know of no such law myself & frankly I have some doubts that it exists. Are you seriously suggesting that countries document in legislation all the things people *are* allowed to do? Seems implausible to me.
    I guess you're not familiar with how law works in countries which don't use common law then. Paraphrasing heavily: in common law, all activities are permitted unless forbidden; constitutional law (of which the Napoleonic code, the basis of French law, is an example) aims to categorise all activities and state what regulations will apply. Very often, those regulations are very broad in their scope (have to be!), and delegated to administrative departments which interpret their version of the detail.

Anyway, phone a few Greek charter firms. You can go to Greece with no quals at all.
    Don't dodge the issue, Toad. You said "no docs, no problems" referring to all countries east of Italy. And presumably (in your imprecise way) referring to all forms of "paperwork" (ref OP's original request). It just so happens I can produce references to the law in the three countries I quoted. Reason; I worked in the charter industry for some 15 years, that was my job, and I'm still in touch with it.

Yes, you can go to Greece with no quals at all. As crew.

However, charter papers will not be issued unless the skipper offers proof of competence acceptable to the port police. Same in Croatia. Same in Turkey.

And Cruising permits will not be issued unless a skipper of a visiting yacht produces acceptable proof of nationality of the vessel. And a certificate of third party insurance. And passports. And radio licence. And radio operator's cert.

"No docs". What utter, misleading, tosh you write! Irresponsible.

Nice attempt to distract attention away from SSR's though.
    Really? who said I was referring just to ICC? Your one track mind thinks "docs" only refer to ICC?
    Last edited by jimbaerselman; 02-04-12 at 11:14.
    JimB
    http://jimbsail.info helps Skippers plan Europe Cruises

Quote Originally Posted by jimbaerselman View Post
    "No docs". What utter, misleading, tosh you write! Irresponsible.
    What's needed is a forum "Toshometer", calibrated so all Toad's utterings send the needle off the scale!

Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast