Default Forum rules - where is the quicklink?

Given this:

http://www.ybw.com/forums/index.php

where in all the sub-sections is the hotlink to the forum rules??????? when the url is:

http://www.ybw.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

and you will see the rules reference as a sub-heading under the TLD for the forum but it's not under Quicklinks drop-down/miscellaneous

(found it via google)
    Last edited by Steve Clayton; 04-03-12 at 19:52.

Have a look at bottom left of this page where there is a box that says posting rules and at the bottom of that box, forum rules

Thanks B - stupid place for the link; I would suggest they should be top level

VicS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clayton View Post
    Thanks B - stupid place for the link; I would suggest they should be top level
    Its not the most obvious place to look. I asked for a link to the rules a while back and it was not until sometime later that I discovered the panel at the bottom of the page.

If I were you I'd point out to the administrators what a stupid place it is for the link and suggest that it should be at the top

Earn you self another ASBO

The "rules" need a proof read/quality check and the layout structure looks like it was done by a 5year-old.

....and there is a sticky "Rules" on the For Sale forum which is different to the Official Rules

Please Miss,
    VicS says that if he were me then he would point out to the administrators what a stupid place it is for the link and suggest that it should be at the top.

VicS isn't me and I wouldn't dream of saying that.

Default Forum rules

Totally agree, forum rules need to be cleaned up and a more obvious link would be beneficial to all. I'll start looking into it but it could take a bit of time to get the work done.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Nat
    YBW Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Davies View Post
    Totally agree, forum rules need to be cleaned up and a more obvious link would be beneficial to all. I'll start looking into it but it could take a bit of time to get the work done.

Nat
    YBW Editor
    No NO NO!! you're supposed to rant at him about it being an inherited rule set and not your fault and how are you supposed to do this whilst you've got xyz to do and if he says one more word out of line you'll ban him (again) ...

Originally Posted by Natalie Davies

Nat
    YBW Editor

Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    No NO NO!! you're supposed to rant at him about it being an inherited rule set and not your fault and how are you supposed to do this whilst you've got xyz to do and if he says one more word out of line you'll ban him (again) ...
    I am absolutely delighted and will now have a bacardi & coke. However I am slightly concerned re "it could take a bit of time to get the work done." as there is no timeline against which to monitor progress and add a little bit of contingency. Sadly I'm not in a position to negotiate the necessary Statement of Work and agree the requirements, activities/resource and dependencies to achieve the objective - so I will rest contented in the progress made to-date.