Default Black marks from a long winter!

Hi All

Just had my boat lifted out of the lake for service etc, whilst out it was the ideal time to give her a good machine polish and wax. I have found a product which works brilliant to give the surface a good clean before polishing. Its called Muc off and is designed for caravans and motorhomes. Just spray it on and wipe it off, or for the really difficult places like hatch covers using a soft hand brush works well. I only found the stuff because we have a caravan as well so thought i would give it a go on the boat...it saved hours!

Have used muc-off for a couple of years now and must say it's probably been the best detergent we have ever used, we regularly get black streaks as we're berthed below a flight path but these just wash off using muc-off.

Might be the collinite wax we use however but the combination certainly works for us.
    Living the Champagne lifestyle on Beer Money

DougH is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by enterprise View Post
    Have used muc-off for a couple of years now and must say it's probably been the best detergent we have ever used, we regularly get black streaks as we're berthed below a flight path but these just wash off using muc-off.

Might be the collinite wax we use however but the combination certainly works for us.
    Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner is also to be recommended.

Super performence on GRP

Since nobody had any input on this http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=c%F6de
    I ordered a set and am going to try it as soon as the temp gets a little up

So far the company has proven rapid and friendly but we'll see if the promises keep. The goods arrived with an instructional CD and a leaflet telling about the methods and products.
    Last edited by Spi D; 15-03-12 at 17:33.

rafiki_ is offline Registered User

I use Aldi caravan cleaner. Top stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spi D View Post
    Since nobody had any input on this http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=c%F6de
    I ordered a set and am going to try it as soon as the temp gets a little up

So far the company has proven rapid and friendly but we'll see if the promises keep. The goods arrived with an instructional CD and a leaflet telling about the methods and products.
    I don't think this is available in the UK, could be wrong but judging by the response I wouldn't have thought it is widely available
    Living the Champagne lifestyle on Beer Money

Bbroomlea is offline Registered User

I use EVM cleaner now - its excellent at cleaning off grime and bringing back a polished look.

Not sure if it's expensive at about 7.50 for a 500m spray bottle but works better than anything else I have used with an added bonus that you can use it to practically clean anything.
    http://shop.cormoranttrading.co.uk/i...roducts_id=195

Quote Originally Posted by enterprise View Post
    I don't think this is available in the UK, could be wrong but judging by the response I wouldn't have thought it is widely available
    On the contrary it IS a UK product:

CodeClean

Unit 10 Warmlake Business Estate,
    Maidstone Road,
    Sutton Valence,
    Maidstone,
    Kent
    ME17 3LQ

Tel: 0800 048 8863
    Email: info@codeclean.co.uk

Promising video, lets see if real life meet expectations. Report follows

Surfex HD does it for me, have to dilute it yourself, but can clean an engine bay with it, without all the harmful acids etc.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/b...e&variant=5044