Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VicS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanS View Post
    I really don't know why the standard editor is not standard. People just give instructions assuming everyone has got it, but newcomers to the boards, and non geeks, probably won't have activated it.

I'll hit notify mods button on this one, as it should be a hopefully simple change
    Good thinking.

I've lost count of the number of times I've explained about the editors. I expect you have too.

maxcampbell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VicS View Post
    If you dont see the "Insert link" Icon above the text entry box then you are still using the (default) "Basic editor", I think.

If so you are missing out on all the bells and whistles

Go to your user CP
    Go to "Edit options"
    scroll down to "Miscellaneous options " and "Message editor interface" change that to "Standard editor"

Save the change
    Done, thanks again Vic

Default customising hyperlinks

Go to your user CP for edit signature ,then type or paste in the URL and hit OK.

Quote Originally Posted by skbj329 View Post
    Go to your user CP for edit signature ,then type or paste in the URL and hit OK.
    I think the point was he did not want the URL to appear as his signature.

He wanted a clickable short phrase in plain English to appear rather than the URL

He has achieved what he wanted.

If you use Firefox you can also use the https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/bbcodextra addon to add the link to the text.

Also does bold italic etc. and even thread links.

Works with many forums and blogs.

anly is offline New User

Quote Originally Posted by maxcampbell View Post
    Frankly, I don't even know whether this title is right, but I see things like "click Here to see something", where the word "here" forms the link to a url (is that the accurate term?). My signature includes a link to my YouTube channel, but I want it to appear as a short plain english term, not as it does now - how do I do it?
    i cant understand competely customising hyperlinks,please tell me detail about links.Why some people can do that, some are not?thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anly View Post
    i cant understand competely customising hyperlinks,please tell me detail about links.Why some people can do that, some are not?thanks
    There are basically two ways of posting links

One is to simply type or paste in the URL. Like this http://www.rya.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

The other is to use the "Insert link" icon

If you do not see this icon then go to your user CP then to "edit options" and scroll right down to the last section and change from the "Basic editor" to the "Standard Editor"

You will then have lots more bells and whistles to play with including the "Insert link" facility.

When you want to insert a customised link Click this Icon, type or paste the url into the text box that opens, Hit OK, AND THEN while part of the inserted material is still high lighted in blue type in the words you want to appear .
    The result can then be like this: http://www.rya.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

OR you can type in the words you want to appear in your post. Highlight them and then hit the "Insert link" Icon and type or paste in the URL and hit OK.
    Last edited by VicS; 09-07-12 at 17:18.
    Sea Wych Owners Association: www.Seawych.org

Lakesailor is online now Registered User

This whole thread once again shows the idiocy of not having the Standard Editor as the default.

WAKE UP MODS