Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Yanks have got our Concorde

Wasn't it them that Killed it of in it's early years??????

<hr width=100% size=1>rich :-)) <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rich on 26/11/2003 18:53 (server time).</FONT></P>

Default Re: The Yanks have got our Concorde

Yes they did, bloody strange they want it now, it could have gone to a whole host of museums in the UK. Still they could've sold them to Branson and they'd still be flying.......
    Still a daft Goverment gave the US all of our Jet engne & Supersonic secrets in the 40's so what do you expect.

<hr width=100% size=1>Jim

Draco 2500
    Jim

Now Boatless

i heard this evening on the p.m. programme that the Yanks dont know what a "Haggis" is.
    i wonder if they have heard of a "Faggot"
    suggestions Pls.

<hr width=100% size=1>
    I may be wrong but not always

And even dafter they gave the engines to the Russians as well. Came as a nasty shock to the Yanks in Korea.

Surprised they wanted a Concorde though, it will only remind them that they couldn't get their SST to work.

Perhaps they'll take a mould when no-ones looking.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Bejasus is offline Registered User

Funny old world. WWII, Brits, Yanks, & Russkies have no operational jets. Later conflict in Korea, saw conflict between Yanks with ME derived engines in F86 and Russkies with Brit engined Mig 15's.......[img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<hr width=100% size=1>

Alpha22 is offline Registered User

I still say they should have put one up on eBay. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<hr width=100% size=1>Last weekend was shopping darling........ so this weekend is boating. (Duck!)

They've been given 3 of them haven't they, and one in Barbados

<hr width=100% size=1>Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo

Default Re: Final fleeting glimpse

Saw a fleeting glimpse between clouds and heard that wonderful roar for the last time yesterday as the final one left LHR for Filton. For years they announced a tea break and time for gin, I'll miss that.

<hr width=100% size=1>John
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.allgadgets.co.uk>http://www.allgadgets.co.uk</A>

EME is offline Registered User

One of seven actually.. plus 001 which is at Filton plus the AF remainder fleet

A few misconceptions about the US input into the programme. It was always funded by us and the french although a number of airlines (Pan AM and TWA) did commit extensive resource at Filton during early development.

Oil crisis..programme would have been history if not for Anglo/French belligerence (stupidity)...

For real saddos you may rememer that BA flights were co-branded with Braniff being the US internal operating carrier to Dallas in early days. So not quite fair to say the septics killed it. It takes a Brit airline to do that properly. a la Comet, Trident, VC10, BAC 1-11 ettttcccc.....

Also in respone to an previous erroneous post BA did pay for Concorde , plus paid for spares/development AND underwrote development/production costs from c. 1984... so I'm led to believe

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue>I am WHAT I say I am</font color=blue>

Default Re: Was it the final final?

In my post I said I'd seen the final one but the Telegraph today says there's another going to Edinburgh. Is it flying or going by road anyone?

<hr width=100% size=1>John
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.allgadgets.co.uk>http://www.allgadgets.co.uk</A>