Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maybe the reason is for the mere two hours or so she is in the water each tide - 6 or 7 hours in our harbour is a different proposition.
    'Reinstate MadFrankie'

Default funny how a thread can pick up again

Quote Originally Posted by reginaldon View Post
    Maybe the reason is for the mere two hours or so she is in the water each tide - 6 or 7 hours in our harbour is a different proposition.
    I agree that the conditions at Wells are unusual in that the boat is afloat for less than half a tide and you can walk to the boat

however the slug was afloat for 24 hours a day on the wash through the hottest months of last summer and I scrubbed it once

It is a small boat and does not take much time - less than 20 minutes. If I had to do that twice a year 40 minutes work to save 40 worth of ant-foul

then there is the time in painting the darned stuff on

as for you long keelers - I agree - you have little choice - other than to realise that the advantages of bilge keels might just possibly outweight the disadvantages

thanks for the nice comments about the films - the east coast is wonderful

the light is astonishing - water and light, often low humidity - make it easy for a cameraman to make it look lovely

although I am also looking forward to filming Scotland, Wales and Ireland too

as long as I live long enough

Dylan
    Last edited by dylanwinter; 20-03-12 at 10:47.

seumask is offline Registered User

I have heard that spraying on normal household bleach while still wet significantly helps getting the fouling off. However it may not be very PC with other marine life critters on the ground / beach.

Wansworth is offline Registered User

This summer I will be launching without antifouling.Theplan is to go on the piles at Itchenor,Chichester harbour and scrub off ..at 15 quid a go hopefully two times maybe enough.

mikemacdonald is offline Registered User

Default anti-antifoul

Thankyou for your video, inspired me to try and get my old camera working again.Having a cat, albeit 37' ,I think this could be the last year to antifoul now that we have more" retirement" time, and less money,plenty of drying beaches down here in the South, just the clogging mud in Portsmouth that is a pain, but then , if we use the boat more that should wash off.
    Food for thought.
    Fair winds......Mike

Quote Originally Posted by seumask View Post
    I have heard that spraying on normal household bleach while still wet significantly helps getting the fouling off. However it may not be very PC with other marine life critters on the ground / beach.
    'Tell it not in Gath' but I've seen it can be effective and let's face it, when the tide comes in, it's diluted to X million : 1.
    'Reinstate MadFrankie'