Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi

I have some experience of the smaller Aquador 23HT. This example does look to be well used and as others have said, it looks like its been damp for a considerable time.

While a lot of the issues are quickly and cheaply fixable, some are not. The lack of hot water system and shower drain is going to cost at least 1k and probably 2k (There doesnt even appear to be electric to the pump !?). The cover can be fixed, budget 1k and the fridge could be just a new switch for pennies or a new fridge for £500.

Ball park figure to get it back to A1 cosmetic condition 5K.

BUT, if the motor and drive havent been looked after it will cost a lot more.

Unless this is very very cheap, I would walk away.
    Mark

A_8 is offline Registered User

I would also walk away, that boat has been neglected for a long time.

Folks, this boat is being walked away from and is no longer of interest! You guys were right, just needed some clarification.

Thanks again

You will easily find something far more interesting and be happy that you did not go for this one.

Fortunately these cases adds to your experience and you'll be better suited to evaluate the next offer

Quote Originally Posted by Spi D View Post
    You will easily find something far more interesting and be happy that you did not go for this one.

Fortunately these cases adds to your experience and you'll be better suited to evaluate the next offer
    Thankfully this was only a 1.5 hour (Each way) trip - Imagine having flown from the different country, to be presented with that thing!?

We saw many boats, both locally and abroad. Sometimes travelling to view, sometimes when travelling anyway on holidays etc.

Sweden, Germany, france, Spain and the UK (even had a brief mail contact to Haydn). I have my own checklist for surveying (some 170 points), and a standard set of questions re. boat condition, previous use and service history.
    On top of it I ask for recent photos of details and specific close-ups. All this to make sure we're using same terms ("well kept", "good condition" etc.) and understanding them equally.
    The aim, ofcourse, is to avoid travelling (time & cost) and to get a true picture of what boats really were interesting to us.

The actual deal was swift and easy, thanks both seller and broker.
    Last edited by Spi D; 28-03-12 at 06:40.

Thank god I came across this post, I made an enquiry on this same boat tonight
    If you pass on any other boats in the same category leave me know Niall.

[removed by admin]
    Last edited by Laura Nineham; 24-04-12 at 13:57. Reason: complaints received