Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    wakeup is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bosun Higgs View Post
    Rubbish. They are tradesmen and they should wait their turn. They are there all week whilst many of the leisure users have a few precious hours of free time to enjoy themselves. They should get the priority if anyone.
    Well I think you have an attitude problem, or at the very least a low threshold to others going about their business . I agree and said in my original post I think ha need to have a word to calm them down but I don't think they need to be banned .

Quote Originally Posted by wakeup View Post
    Well I think you have an attitude problem.
    Do I or do you? Do you believe that bus drivers should have priority over cars under the highway code. Or truck drivers or white van man? Does the plumber come in the front door of your house and the relatives and visitors have to go in the back door? Never heard of the tradesman's entrance?

I think it's entirely reasonable that the leisure user, trying to make the best of his few free hours, should have the priority if anyone does.

wakeup is online now Registered User

Can you not read ? I did not say I agreed with this policy. As I understand it the yellow ribs pay HA quite a bit more for their access to the bay than us leisure users, that seems (surprise surprise) to have swayed the HA to ensure they can operate smoothly. That is the way it is! If you don't like it then take it up with CHA and don't suggest that I share that opinion. If you paid the same for access to the bay you might have a gripe worthy of bandwidth on here. Your argument has changed from a safety point, which does have merit, to one of having unfettered use of the water, which doesn't have merit.

I think you might find that given the funding gap at CCC which will no doubt translate into a squeeze at CHA you might find them unwilling to take you seriously, as I now do :-)
    Last edited by wakeup; 17-04-12 at 12:00.

Default r.e. ribs

sometimes I can understand where you guys are coming from, was on the yacht today with tony and steve out in the bay and a tourist rib were being a nuisance - it wasn't cardiff bay sea safaris as it didn't have flags on it and the boys who run that are pretty good. it had a black hull with a small bit of yellow on it. he was coming close to us when we were trying to have a nice sail creating alot of wash. Allan you know my views on the Ribs don't you.... :P

with the pushing in, I can understand where the poster is coming from, there need to give way to us yachts as we don't have twin screw big outboards, well prop walk does help with single screw and we are bigger/less manoeverable
    Last edited by vikingsmb; 06-05-12 at 19:36.
    ROB INGRAM
    CARDIFF YACHT CLUB

We had the same this afternoon, one did come close once but the others stayed away.

Cheers

Stu

what yacht were you on? also do you remember fraser ingram by the way he was in roath
    ROB INGRAM
    CARDIFF YACHT CLUB

We were on Shelia Bear, yes I remember Fraser, he was the commander there.

Cheers

Stu

he's my dad , are you at CYC or CBYC?
    ROB INGRAM
    CARDIFF YACHT CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsmb View Post
    sometimes I can understand where you guys are coming from, was on the yacht today with tony and steve out in the bay and a tourist rib were being a nuisance - it wasn't cardiff bay sea safaris as it didn't have flags on it and the boys who run that are pretty good. it had a black hull with a small bit of yellow on it. he was coming close to us when we were trying to have a nice sail creating alot of wash. Allan you know my views on the Ribs don't you.... :P

with the pushing in, I can understand where the poster is coming from, there need to give way to us yachts as we don't have twin screw big outboards, well prop walk does help with single screw and we are bigger/less manoeverable
    I don't know your view on RIBs and in fact it is not important. All skippers are obliged to respect the rules, whether they be bye-laws or the collision regulations. High speed is allowed in the bay, we live with it.
    The last thing that is needed in the bay or anywhere else would be one type of motorboat having to give way to anther type of motorboat based on some new and local definition.
    Allan

When you mentioned his name I thought he was a relation. We down at CBYC, been members for a couple of years, Shelia Bear is our new boat, had it about 3 weeks !