Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alcyone Guest

Goultrop roads was an ancient anchorage, good in NE through to W. Last time I was there there were a few pot boats working the area, so keep your eyes peeled.

I can also endorse Tom's book. He's a friend of ours, and the man responsible for getting us into sailing. He used to write books on shipwrecks, btw, and his books list many in Goultrop roads, but I digress.

Is it still OK to anchor in south haven?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosun Higgs View Post
    Is it still OK to anchor in south haven?
    We anchored in South Haven about half a dozen times last year. I'm not aware of any prohibition regarding anchoring there.

Default Re: Advice on visitor moorings at North Haven, Skomer

Just picked up on this thread because we're presently using the westermost of the 4 visitor moorings in North Haven, Skomer Island.

My view is that there are 4 Visitor Buoys when perhaps there's there's only space for 3.

Last year the stern of a neighbouring 35 foot yacht touched our bow in the middle of the night. We were on adjacent bouys.

A 40 foot yacht just tried to use the buoy next to us and we suggested they use another one which they were happy to do.

When dinghying ashore, you'll need £15 per person to visit the island, which is "open" from 10 till 4

We've also anchored in South Haven, a popular spot. Holding is good but you're not allowed to land from here.
    Last edited by Molteni; 26-07-19 at 07:24.

Default Re: Advice on visitor moorings at North Haven, Skomer

Handbag attachments to the buoys when there in June

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12