Adonnante is offline Registered User

Default Advice required for Tacktick instrument setup

My current Autohelm ST 40 system is becoming very unreliable and unfortunately hasn't been revived by purchasing a new speed transducer. The most cost effective way I can see to obtain speed/depth and wind information on a boat that is very wide and hence impossible to read a central display is to use a Tacktick T120 wind transmitter along with a T113 remote display which can stay with the helmsman or when under autopilot with the watch keeper. The addition of a Retro fit kit T036 would give a measure of redundancy in the event of the remote dropping over the side!

Is there something I've missed, has anyone used a remote unit?

Thanks, in anticipitation,

Peter.

Two possibilities if you use a tackTick system.

1. Fit alternate mountings for your wind instrument display on each side of the cockpit, then just unclip and move across when you tack.
    2. As you suggest have a remote display unit which can show depth, speed and wind info, although not the analogue wind display.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonnante View Post
    My current Autohelm ST 40 system is becoming very unreliable and unfortunately hasn't been revived by purchasing a new speed transducer. The most cost effective way I can see to obtain speed/depth and wind information on a boat that is very wide and hence impossible to read a central display is to use a Tacktick T120 wind transmitter along with a T113 remote display which can stay with the helmsman or when under autopilot with the watch keeper. The addition of a Retro fit kit T036 would give a measure of redundancy in the event of the remote dropping over the side!

Peter.
    will it work in the dark, i have heard reports about lack of battery charge
    I may be wrong but not always

Puggy is offline Registered User

I have a tack tick remote unit, and it works well. Two things I noticed are that you need to work through the settings to stop it turning off after 5 mins (unless you want it to!), and in this mode, especially if you use the back light, it does tend to munch the batteries. I use it for occasional viewing in the pilot house, so it is fine, but I am considering an additional display instead, but they are a fearsome price....

Quote Originally Posted by Adonnante View Post

Peter.
    look here

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310023
    I may be wrong but not always