Hybrid View

Default Peel or Ramsey for IoM TT?

Peel has best facilities but furthest from action, I believe. What is Ramsey like in terms of facilities?

LittleShip is offline Registered User

Yes, looked at that site but no mention of toilets, showers ... Does that mean there are none?

IanH is offline Registered User

I keep my boat at Peel. Peel best for facilities but further from the action. However, buses pretty good and there is usually penty going on in Peel as well when there is no racing.

If you have a favourite spot that is within easy walking distance of Ramsey then go there. Otherwise I woudl choose Peel because buses will go to more spots from Peel and Ramsey whilst not cut off, is rather more isolated from the rest of the island.

islecastle1 is offline Registered User

Don't forget you will dry out in Ramsey at about half tide. I always go to Ramsey because there are numerous good viewing spots within 5 to 10 minutes walk from your berth.
    Facilities are poor. Decent public toilets in the square near the Royal George 3 or 4 minutes walk from the berths.
    Never found showers though. Manx Sailing and Cruising Club HQ by the old coastguard offices, but is a shadow of its former self might have showers.
    Dave

Would you consider Douglas instead? Right in the middle of things, lots of pubs and restaurants around the marina and close to the bus station for getting around the island. Douglas yacht club has very good facilities and the food is excellent.

lustyd is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dufour27 View Post
    Would you consider Douglas instead? Right in the middle of things, lots of pubs and restaurants around the marina and close to the bus station for getting around the island. Douglas yacht club has very good facilities and the food is excellent.
    +1 for Douglas yacht club. There are also public facilities in Douglas but they weren't as good.
    Vivacity 20, South Coast
    http://yachtlivemagic.blogspot.com