Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Is Someone Not Getting Enough?

Quote Originally Posted by dab123 View Post
    May i suggest a triple keel colvic Searover..

May come with the seamans manuel ...
    ( I left it on my old SR when I sold it many years ago)
    Dab ... me-owd-buc-ket.

The only thing I need instruction on is ‘Storm Tactics’

Never needed a book … only a Skimmer / Target would have a requirement for such a thing LOL!

Going deep! …. but always on watch.
    LSGCM & Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Glow In The Deeps View Post
    Our very own ‘ditch crawler’ (aka shallow sailor) (no pun …. well!) appears to of set his sights on a Centaur…. but there are quite a few sensible (right price, condition and seaworthy) yachts out there.

So! …. to start things off I would suggest a Trident 24, as there are a few in reasonable condition, in commission, seaworthy and fantastic value for money (3 – 5k).

Also I would like to propose the Newbridge Voyager (as they are a regular successful contender in the Azores Challenge).

Although I do have to admit watching a couple of storms pass last winter and a neighbour of mine (a Centaur) hardly moved while the rest of us were heeling something between 25 – 45 degrees…… ‘brick-out-house’ just has to be part of their description.
    Here's a French selection of 25 footers. My first thought was a Sangria because they sold over 2500.

http://www.sangriaquilamis.org/comparatif.html

Smaller alternatives - in keeping with the slug philosophy might be the Corribee, a Hurley 22 or even a Folkboat.
    Last edited by Sybarite; 29-03-12 at 16:24.

Default thanks chaps

very good of you to help me out

couple of criteria

separate heads

either a new modern inboard engine or an outboard in a well

a great Centaur would be wonderful

but it is definatly at the top of my price list

I would be frighetened about the costs it would incur even when I am not sailing it

the pageants seem very expensive for a stripped down centaur

but one of those would be great too

Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Here's a French selection of 25 footers. My first thought was a Sangria because they sold over 2500.

Smaller alternatives - in keeping with the slug philosophy might be the Corribee, a Hurley 22 or even a Folkboat.
    Just a PS to my previous post :

I think that this is a pretty old article and the prices should be less today. I was recently speaking with some professionals and they say that "there is no such thing today as a market price. No offer is ridiculous."

PeteCooper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post

Clearly the best from that list is the Ecume De Mer ..... and I just happen to have one for sale

Default sailing around Britain in a french yacht

Quote Originally Posted by PeteCooper View Post
    Clearly the best from that list is the Ecume De Mer ..... and I just happen to have one for sale
    heaven forefend that I should ever consider sailing around Britain in a yacht built in France

my dad would be pinwheeling in his grave at the thought

Dylan

Centaurs and Paegents, Ive surveyed loads and I am very impressed with them, very strong, very stable so ideal for filming from. Snapdragon 25 comes third on my list, good headroom and separate heads, oh and the Paegent has the largest heads Ive seen for a long time. Usable space wise, the Pageant wins hands down, Centaurs do carry a price premium but it is a bit of a buyers market at the moment.

EuanMcKenzie is offline Registered User

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/y...tiger-PAA35906

This might get you round the northern bit if you're up for a semi project

It has the road trailer which you seek so has three pluses but doesn't have bilge keels

-inboard
    -size for the northern bits
    -trailer for taking it home

can't see you getting a package like this with bilge keels and a trailer. That mixture doesn't seem to exist especially if you want an inboard

If you want inboard, stability, size and bilge keels I can't see better value than the centaur you desire anyway.
    HR Rasmus, Cabatach - Largs
    Red Optimist in the Shed!

Default Dockrell 22

I've mentioned this one before on your other posts Dylan, looks like it ticks all your boxes ( and some extra ones such as having a trailer!!)
    Currently £2500 with no bids and 3 days to go, looks like it is in good condition.
    May even be fairly local to you as well??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22-foot-Tr...item231b8a8366

onesea is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mickywillis View Post
    I've mentioned this one before on your other posts Dylan, looks like it ticks all your boxes ( and some extra ones such as having a trailer!!)
    Currently £2500 with no bids and 3 days to go, looks like it is in good condition.
    May even be fairly local to you as well??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22-foot-Tr...item231b8a8366
    I am biased towards a Trident 24 although marginal for towing cracking boats in many ways...

But have to say to me that ticks allot of box's for Dylan...

And just like the slug it purpose comes before looks...