Default Fast Track to MCA/RYA 200GT Limited (Power)

Hi everyone I'm looking at doing a fast track course to the MCA/RYA 200GT Masters license limited for motor yachts. Now I know theres a lot of different opinions on this, I've read through previous posts regarding it but all seem to be about the sail courses and none specifically regarding the power one. The school I would like to do it at is Allaboard Sailing Academy in Gibraltar (http://www.sailing.gi/) I would love to hear peoples opinions on the school, I don't want to spend a ton of money on a school that isn't respected in the yachting community.

As far as the STCW goes I will have all that completed here in Canada. I also hold a Transport Canada unrestricted marine medical which the MCA accepts as an equivalent to their medical.

After the fast track course I would most likely go and take the AEC, RYA PWC instructor, and Power Boat level 2

Opinions, advice and insight into the industry would be greatly appreciated

Tyler.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerj280 View Post
    Hi everyone I'm looking at doing a fast track course to the MCA/RYA 200GT Masters license limited for motor yachts. Now I know theres a lot of different opinions on this, I've read through previous posts regarding it but all seem to be about the sail courses and none specifically regarding the power one. The school I would like to do it at is Allaboard Sailing Academy in Gibraltar (http://www.sailing.gi/) I would love to hear peoples opinions on the school, I don't want to spend a ton of money on a school that isn't respected in the yachting community.

As far as the STCW goes I will have all that completed here in Canada. I also hold a Transport Canada unrestricted marine medical which the MCA accepts as an equivalent to their medical.

After the fast track course I would most likely go and take the AEC, RYA PWC instructor, and Power Boat level 2

Opinions, advice and insight into the industry would be greatly appreciated

Tyler.
    Allabroad are indeed, in my opinion, very good, particularly their shore facilities, excellent.

If you are just looking for power though, there is an alternative in Gibraltar.

Try Steve Flood at www.motorboatfasttrack.com

May be worth a look before you commit.

Tel. 0034 678 345 595

Hope this helps.