Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default help to move mobo padstow to portishead, this sunday?

hi everyone,

i'm helping a friend move her 34' puget sound trawler yacht to portishead. we went from dartmouth to padstow last week but lost an engine to the dreaded diesel bug on the last leg and had to leave her. i'm not a motor boater and my friend is quite new to boating. the bug has almost been sorted now but we'd like someone experienced with diesel engines and the bristol channel to help us get her to her new home.

is there anyone here who could help us or knows someone who might? it looks to me as though sunday might be a good (14hour) day to do the trip. my friend could pay someone qualified to skipper the boat if necessary.

any thought or ideas would be most welcome!

laura

Just sent you a message. Let me know some more info and if i cant make it i may know someone who can!

What engines has she got - 2x fords 80hp's?
    Last edited by channel; 04-04-12 at 23:58.

Would love to help if i wasn't ill.I also wouldnt trust the weather.

thanks for the replies and messages everyone. 'annie cathie' has twin 120hp ford sabres. she also has a lot of electronics and the usual gear/safety gear you'd expect.

phantom18 get well soon!

laura

Not around this weekend to lend a hand, but have a safe trip. There are a few safe anchorages once you get round the corner, and one other marina - Watchet before you get to Portishead if you need stop. We will probably be in Watchet on Fridday night and may still be there Sunday. Say hello to us on Excalibur when you get to Portishead.

Enjoy!

Russ
    'Excalibur' - Portishead
    (Formerly WhiteMischief)

thanks morpheous, will say hello when we get there, though heard today that the engines won't be fixed until tuesday now....

laura

Thought only one engine was down. If both i would get a tanker in and drain all the fuel to be safe then treat tanks and refill with new.Buy loads of filters.

Quote Originally Posted by ms.lau View Post
    hi everyone,

i'm helping a friend move her 34' puget sound trawler yacht to portishead. we went from dartmouth to padstow last week but lost an engine to the dreaded diesel bug .............

laura
    out of interest what method is being used to clean the tanks?

I used a pressure washer and bleach, filtered the removed fuel and treated with yachticon diesel treatment. On the theory, no point in wasting good fuel,(had 1500 ltr, but moved it tank to tank) and however well cleaned there would be a bit of living matter lurking in a nook or pipe. You might already know but cav 211 filters are available at sub 2.50 pound from commercial suppliers. I use these guys who are v competativehttp://www.filtermania.co.uk/index_files/Page354.htm(I imagine the 80hp has the same as the 150s we have)
    David

Default Re: qualified skipper available

I can recommend a qualified skipper if you need one, he is commercially endorsed and is RYA Yacht master and also endorsed in powerboats and has over 60k sea miles experience and is licenced up to 200 Gross Tonnage and apart from just deliveries also does assisted passages to help the new owner get used to their boat.

try Jethro on euyachtdelivery.co.uk or jfyachts.co.uk phone is 07540 645654 and if it helps he is welsh and comes from Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by ms.lau View Post
    hi everyone,

i'm helping a friend move her 34' puget sound trawler yacht to portishead. we went from dartmouth to padstow last week but lost an engine to the dreaded diesel bug on the last leg and had to leave her. i'm not a motor boater and my friend is quite new to boating. the bug has almost been sorted now but we'd like someone experienced with diesel engines and the bristol channel to help us get her to her new home.

is there anyone here who could help us or knows someone who might? it looks to me as though sunday might be a good (14hour) day to do the trip. my friend could pay someone qualified to skipper the boat if necessary.

laura

thanks for more replies, everybody.

i managed to fall of my ladder on friday so am bloody, bruised and concussed for the time being....

i'll pass your replies on to ellen and hope to be better soon!

laura