Results 1 to 10 of 13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27,125

    Default Got home to a nice surprise!

    Moorings Officer at Marconi rang Mrs FC to offer us a mooring, but we have to hurry, as the laying party is in the next couple of weekends.

    Offer accepted on the spot

    Quick dash round to buy:

    2 x 70lb Danforths, Maldon Marine
    1 Large Mooring buoy, Dauntless
    1 Pick up buoy Dauntless
    3 Mooring Strops, Dunno yet
    1 Length of 10mm chain as I am away a lot at the moment, Dauntless
    43m of Chain and Shackles - Marconi Club stock

    So an unexpected 900 quid hole in the budget, but I have a mooring, Yay!!!

    A bit of a rush round, and my only opportunity is weekend of 28th/29th, I am still working in foreign climes next weekend.

    Full Circle will get to its new home mid June I hope.

    Result!!
    'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com 4th Edition now available......

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    up on the moors.
    Posts
    28,011

    Default

    what about setting up a little camera and a link to the outside world so that you can log on when in Turkey and watch the seals go by ?


    A result indeed. Freedom!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    what about setting up a little camera and a link to the outside world so that you can log on when in Turkey and watch the seals go by ?


    A result indeed. Freedom!
    Unbearable agony, shan't be doing that!!!!!
    'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com 4th Edition now available......

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bradwell and Leigh-on-Sea
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Welcome in advance to a big river

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Relocating to Gran Canaria
    Posts
    5,288

    Default

    Happy to check the security of your mooring from time to time - if you are not on it of course!

    Have always found a friendly welcome at Marconi.
    Peter. Not changing my name yet but am now Boatless.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Woodbridge
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Welcome to MSC, hope to see you on the water.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
    Moorings Officer at Marconi rang Mrs FC to offer us a mooring, but we have to hurry, as the laying party is in the next couple of weekends.

    Offer accepted on the spot

    Quick dash round to buy:

    2 x 70lb Danforths, Maldon Marine
    1 Large Mooring buoy, Dauntless
    1 Pick up buoy Dauntless
    3 Mooring Strops, Dunno yet
    1 Length of 10mm chain as I am away a lot at the moment, Dauntless
    43m of Chain and Shackles - Marconi Club stock

    So an unexpected 900 quid hole in the budget, but I have a mooring, Yay!!!

    A bit of a rush round, and my only opportunity is weekend of 28th/29th, I am still working in foreign climes next weekend.

    Full Circle will get to its new home mid June I hope.

    Result!!
    Sure you will enjoy it.

    Such a lovely spot, and you will be sailing in five minutes too. Expect big savings on diesel.
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood. Buy a boat.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Home = Norfolk, Boat = The Wash
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
    <snip>

    3 Mooring Strops, Dunno yet

    <snip>
    Are you planning to use rope Jim ? If so, I have some biggish rope in the workshop, what size would you need ?
    Jeanneau Merry Fisher 805 For Sale. www.gooch.co.uk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGooch View Post
    Are you planning to use rope Jim ? If so, I have some biggish rope in the workshop, what size would you need ?
    Paul,
    already sourced with Dave the Rigger (DRS in Southminster), custom eye spices to fit our fine craft.
    'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com 4th Edition now available......

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •