Robin is offline Registered User

Default Canton Chinese in Poole

In upper Parkstone on Ashley Road and walking distance from our house yet we haven't eaten there in years, even takeaway as we had other favourites. Last night we had a farewell meal with boating friends in between them painting the boat bottom and us packing up to move to Florida and it was really good. We went for a simplre option two set meals each for two between the four of us and delicious food kept coming and coming. Not cheap (130 plus tip, but then that did include a round of drinks and 3 bottles of wine between us). They have a buffet too most nights at 11 a head. It would be a ten minute taxi ride from Town Quay or Parkstone marina, but worth it for a reasonably up market Chinese with nice surroundings.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Would you rate this better than the one near the new bridge which I think is called the "Pier View" or something similar?

Robin is offline Registered User

I don't know that one. Most of our eating out in recent years has been when we have been away from the area as we like to cook our own special meals at home. We have used Mandarin Chef in Lower Parkstone for takeaways delivered both to home and the boat and they too are good. We had used Canton for delivered takeaways until some years back but not the restaurant, if it has been this good for some time then we have missed out! We were not looking for anything special as it was a last minute arranged 'where shall we go' and unbooked event and because we were interested in the conversation primarily we simply chose set meals which we shared out. The real surprise was that it was really delicious and nicely presented in nice surroundings. Maybe we were just lucky because they were not busy in the restaurant proper but if we were staying we would be going back, as it is our next meal out will be at Aunt Catfish's in Daytona Beach, next week.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!