Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEDUNSTABLE View Post
    HI BOTH GARY & JAMES.......glad some progress for you both on your respective mechanical gremlin killing !!!!!..... just for info (sorry for thread drift), but i wont be down untill after the bankholl !!!!! *$%$^&%^... or words to that effect!!!!!!..but will txt if things change..just remember while the weather is as crud as this, YOU AINT MISSIN NUFFIN !!!!!
    Thanks Steve!

We went down (against all forecast wisdom) on Saturday (even took the dog as we were not going anywhere), yes we had a few showers sat pm but then the sun would come out and dry everything off again. Didn't go anywhere but had a relaxing time, great weather Sunday am. We packed up about 1.30pm and as we did it started to rain, drove home up the A3 with great views of some lightening storms!

Couple of points of vague interest.

1. Dog spotted this, peering over the side she got all excited, so looked myself and a massive shoal of grey mullet. Now there are always lots of grey mullet around and often there are 3 or 4 in a group, but I kid you not to say that the shoal spread from one set of pontoons to the other, it was almost as if you could walk across them... there were thousands...!!

2. Mercury is starting to fill up a bit, not so many gaps as there were last year..

3. When you have a dog lying on the pontoon many more people speak to you...

Oh, and BTW, can't believe you are missing bank holiday, for godsake Steve, make sure you book 4&5th June off!!
    Last edited by Firefly625; 24-04-12 at 12:10.

Sounds like you are getting there Gary, as always if you need ahand......
    New website - www.rapidmarine.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by oGaryo View Post
    tried that one mate but just made an awful mess of the UJ's and the end caps still wouldn't shift... nice idea though
    As you know, I meant Deb

oGaryo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SpottyDog5 View Post
    As you know, I meant Deb
    I know bud.. I've developed a dry wit since the boat came out the wet stuff
    Beauty's in the eye of the beer holder

As you know, I meant Deb
    thanks next challenge is getting the cas off the UJ's my cheap pair of mole grips aren't cutting it so going to buy a pair of Irvin Vice Grips later today and get them out with those hopefully... determined to get the UJ's out today so I can make progress getting the drive put back together.

Will likely be down this weekend if you fancy a beer

thanks next challenge is getting the cas off the UJ's my cheap pair of mole grips aren't cutting it so going to buy a pair of Irvin Vice Grips later today and get them out with those hopefully... determined to get the UJ's out today so I can make progress getting the drive put back together.

Will likely be down this weekend if you fancy a beer
    Got a single female visitor, staying with us, so yes I would be up for a beer.....

I think this whole "my outdrive is buggered" is just an excuse to buy tools.
    Today's Weather Forecast: Scorchio.

Quote Originally Posted by lovezoo View Post
    I think this whole "my outdrive is buggered" is just an excuse to buy tools.
    lols... I have a garage full of them for that very reason... bit of a cock up tonight actually.. put the end of Cross Bearing stem through the end of one of the caps as I'd not aligned the C Press up perfectly so it compressed against the press when pushed through, in fact, some of the surfaces of the UJ are at an angle which invites the clamp to slip a little... got the cross bearing out in the end but the insides of the cap are still in the holder had to chamfer off a sliver of metal from the end of a cross bearing stem with an angle grinder to get it out though as the casing from the cap got in the way.

Cracking on with getting the other caps off and will then focus my attention/wallet on buying another tool to get rid of the reminents of the cap.

pleased with progress so far and should hopefully have everything ready to rebuild by tomorrow and will do so when the new cross bearings arrive.

having a little break as I was getting in to the employ a BFH mindset with one of the bearing caps, will the bugga shift? will it 'eck

moving the caps back and forth with increasing amounts of 3-in-1 oil seems to work eventually
    Last edited by oGaryo; 24-04-12 at 19:05.

Got a single female visitor, staying with us, so yes I would be up for a beer.....
    I'll rescue you from the fair maiden Roy

I'll rescue you from the fair maiden Roy
    You haven't seen her yet....... but she is a hairdresser, so quite useful

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast