Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

TBH the GP said whatever I do I must avoid alcohol with the cocktail of drugs she prescribed so obviously that rules out brandy and such like, but had a couple of glasses of wine (well its just grape juice really) tonight and I feel a lot better!

oGaryo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SpottyDog5 View Post
    Wow thats soo cheap ! even with shipping costs, far better than the machining route.
    Gary did that whole leg sell on feabay ? another option.
    sorry for not replying to this one Roy.. and to your advice too Tk... went the replacement route in the end for the reasons stated and of course the whole reason for doing the work in the first place was for peace of mind, so wasn't comfortable readjusting the ears etc as it'd play on my mind as to whether there'd be stress cracks in the yoke.... still, have learned lots about the workings of the drive and acquired more experience (and tools) as part of this latest little journey through boat maintenanc... so very much a worthwhile experience all the same.

Final post from me is to re-iterate my sincerest thanks to all those that have freely offered their advice and help over the last couple of weeks, especially to Spotty D who rolled his sleeves up last weekend to give up a considerable amount of time to help me.
    Beauty's in the eye of the beer holder

rafiki_ is offline Registered User

Great job Gary. Are you going to publish the definitive Alpha 1 manual?

Quote Originally Posted by oGaryo View Post
    sorry for not replying to this one Roy.. and to your advice too Tk... went the replacement route in the end for the reasons stated and of course the whole reason for doing the work in the first place was for peace of mind, so wasn't comfortable readjusting the ears etc as it'd play on my mind as to whether there'd be stress cracks in the yoke.... still, have learned lots about the workings of the drive and acquired more experience (and tools) as part of this latest little journey through boat maintenanc... so very much a worthwhile experience all the same.

Final post from me is to re-iterate my sincerest thanks to all those that have freely offered their advice and help over the last couple of weeks, especially to Spotty D who rolled his sleeves up last weekend to give up a considerable amount of time to help me.
    My pleasure mate, the best way of learning is getting involved...its what this forum should be about
    New website - www.rapidmarine.co.uk

hi G .....when are you going to post the video version of the job ??????? !!!!!!....... ........ well, i,d watch it !!!!!

Default Did you get her out on the water?

Gary, I hope you got her out on the water over the bank holiday!