Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas for Europe

timchapman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SeamanStaines View Post
    We also carry an adapter (eBay) to fill our calor propane cylinders from an auto gas pump. Always been able to do this in Portugal and Spain
    Do you have any issues with filling stations disallowing this?

SeamanStaines is offline Registered User

I have never had a problem but I have always persuaded someone to take me in a car (rather than walking). There is not usually a sign disallowing it (like in the uk) so it may even be legal :-)

Don't forget you have to be very carefull to but in the correct amount, I always make sure the cylinder is empty and fill to around 80%

Quote Originally Posted by SeamanStaines View Post
    We also carry an adapter (eBay) to fill our calor propane cylinders from an auto gas pump. Always been able to do this in Portugal and Spain
    Searched in vane looking for one of these adapters, I'm obviously putting in the wrong words. Can anyone supply a link please.

timchapman is offline Registered User

friend of mine has just been to france and bought one of those gas blocks and regulators (as mentioned in charles reeds post}----sorry cannot remember price but it seemed very cheap----its a convienient square shape with a large handle for easy lashing----he off to the french canals for a couple of months----regards lenten

Quote Originally Posted by lenten View Post
    friend of mine has just been to france and bought one of those gas blocks and regulators (as mentioned in charles reeds post}----sorry cannot remember price but it seemed very cheap----its a convienient square shape with a large handle for easy lashing----he off to the french canals for a couple of months----regards lenten
    Butagaz Cube. Refills in all filling stations!!

I'm pretty sure that refilling your own bottles is, in Spain and France, interdit, but I've known of people doing it in Italy and Portugal and it's probably quite acceptable here in Greece (where there are an increasing # of LPG refilling stations)