Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yacht interiors

Wansworth is online now Registered User

Smile

I had a fit of romantasim!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboatman View Post
    Ah. Clearing cockpit drains, wiring the kettle onto the stove, hooking stuff you've dropped into odd corners of the bilge, fishing rope tails out of the mast and boom....Issa Get-out-of-jail-free card
    I once used a wire coathanger adapted into a brace and bit shape, assisted by the heat of a candle flame... to drill a hole in the bottom of a bottle of valve oil stuck down the bell of a french horn, so that I could then pull it out using the same coathanger as a hook.

They are an essential resource for improvised solutions.
    Last edited by chewi; 10-04-12 at 18:32.

Respect!
    I believe the late ( great) Geoff Pack ex YM claimed to have made a pair of spectacle frames using.....yup

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboatman View Post
    Respect!
    I believe the late ( great) Geoff Pack ex YM claimed to have made a pair of spectacle frames using.....yup
    Now thats craftsmanship!

wklein is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jwilson View Post
    Alloy toerails: first they stopped supplying useful rows of holes in them, now they have often gone altogether.
    Some 80's racing boats used to have tracks as toe rails, which were absolutely brilliant, you could always sheet large headsails and put in cars with eyes on them as an adjustable strong point. Have to give credit to etaps with their aluminum rail along the length of the boat. I have bulwarks now and miss being able to lash a block or fender anywhere i fancied and knowing you could lift the boat with it. having said that, not having streaks down the topsides is also nice.

Many AWB's now don't even bolt on toe rails, use self drilling screws. Be careful lashing spinnaker blocks to them!