Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    peterandjeanette is online now Registered User

Wow, such a thread.

Sorry for not juping in earlier - only just picked up wifi.

Yes, all going well, so far.

We were going to stop in Brest, but the weather window looked ok for a passage straight across Biscay, so we went for it. Picked up the F8 in South Biscay - but fortunately we were off the continental shelf. One option was to run for La Coruna, but that meant getting back on the shelf so a non starter. Make for Bayona. Outside the TSS ( the inshore route involved that shelf again). Auto helm fell apart so hand steered to port. Stuck in Bayona for a few days - but gave me time to fix autohelm.

Good run down Portugese coast - rounded Cape St Vincent - and saw SUNSHINE. Now in Vilamoura with intention to get to Gib on Wednesday.

Various emotions - exhilaration, s**t scared, excitement, etc. Weather has been varied, but very little rain on passage, thank goodness.

Thanks for all the goodwill messages, both on this forum and PMs.

Will open a bottle of champagne on arrival in Gib and have a virtual drink with you all.
    Be reasonable - see things my way.

oGaryo is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by peterandjeanette View Post
    Wow, such a thread.

We were going to stop in Brest, but the weather window looked ok for a passage straight across Biscay, so we went for it. Picked up the F8 in South Biscay - but fortunately we were off the continental shelf. One option was to run for La Coruna, but that meant getting back on the shelf so a non starter. Make for Bayona. Outside the TSS ( the inshore route involved that shelf again). Auto helm fell apart so hand steered to port. Stuck in Bayona for a few days - but gave me time to fix autohelm.

Good run down Portugese coast - rounded Cape St Vincent - and saw SUNSHINE. Now in Vilamoura with intention to get to Gib on Wednesday.

Various emotions - exhilaration, s**t scared, excitement, etc. Weather has been varied, but very little rain on passage, thank goodness.

Will open a bottle of champagne on arrival in Gib and have a virtual drink with you all.
    Did you get my PM with http://www.stalkinghelpline.org/wpcm...eb-version.pdf Peter?

seriously though, been facinating watching your progress..
    Beauty's in the eye of the beer holder

Nautorius is offline Registered User

Default Cloud9 is safely in Gibraltar Waters

Quote Originally Posted by peterandjeanette View Post
    Wow, such a thread.

True to schedule Cloud9 has just motored accross the Bay of Gibraltar heading for Marina Bay, should be Docking in 10 mins. All rigging etc looked fine (though obviously furled) they were all wrapped up and so apart from High winds hopefully all has been well. The wind has dropped, the sun is out and today will be 21 degrees to welcome them! Enjoy a few days rest guys....and O'reillys does a great breakfast all day...

Cheers

Paul
    Boating is the only thing that keeps me sane!

peterandjeanette is online now Registered User

Yes, we've arrived.

No big deal for all those that have passed before us, but the sense of achievement is amazing. The sighting of the "Rock" at dawn was quite emotional.

Bit spooky that we are in Ocean Village (Gibraltar) seeing that we left Ocean Village (Southampton) a couple of weeks ago.

A virtual glass of champagne with all of you that have followed our trip, but to anyone in Gib there is a real one available.

Thanks to B1 who started this thread - we'll meet up again soon, Tony.

Peter and Jeanette
    Be reasonable - see things my way.

carlton is offline Registered User

Excellent stuff. Enjoy the summer... and beyond.

Hurricane is offline Registered User

Well done

I'm sure you will find the ongoing passages in the Med much more relaxing.
    Weather in SC has been windy over the last couple of weeks but nothing as windy as your experiences.
    Yesterday was sunny and hot - just like a good summer day in the UK.

Well done - see you later in the summer when the drink will be the ever running local Cava which I think you will remember is cheaper than water!!

Good luck with your onward cruise