Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Do boats have Ghosts?

Have you heard of a boat being haunted?

We seem to have an invisible sadistic electrician on board and his sense of humour is just not funny.

After the winter lay up we had a winch that would start on its own for no reason at all. Having wd40'd the switch and used it a few times it seems to be cured.

Then, at 4am this morning the electric toilet decided to switch itself on. By the time the mad whirring woke me up and I got to it and pulled the fuse it was smoking and smelly.

Why should electrical items turn themselves on for no reason what so ever.

Has similar things happened to others or have I got a ghost?

I forgot to add that he eats all the chocolate biscuits, drinks my beer and seems to pee around the side of the toilet in the boys heads. They categorically deny any of the above has anything to do with them and agree to the theory we have a ghost.

No

You have a damp problem.
    Having time is unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostrodamus View Post
    I forgot to add that he eats all the chocolate biscuits, drinks my beer and seems to pee around the side of the toilet in the boys heads. They categorically deny any of the above has anything to do with them and agree to the theory we have a ghost.
    I have a bear that visits me in the night - It sh-ts in your mouth, nicks all your beer and money, hits you over the head and then visits all my mates.

This thread potentially relates to a previous thread.

Is it ghosts, or the boat's personality?
    Living the dream!
    www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk

I can recall a stormy passage when my 2 crew were below totally incapacitated and I was alone on deck on the helm and became aware of the presence of my late father behind my right shoulder just keeping me company.

No, I have decide that I am being stupid and there is no more a ghost on board my boat than there is a virgin over 16 in Essex.
    I have to be logical about this and realise that it is actually my boat speaking to me. She has heart and soul and listens to me so I have to listen to her.
    I also need the person who forgot the toilet is not working to own up and no it is not funny to make a cocktail stick mast for the battleship you left in there!

(An Essex girls favourite nursery rhyme .... Humpme Dumpme)
    Last edited by Nostrodamus; 14-04-12 at 08:54.

Yes, and they particularly like damp conditions.

Angele is offline Registered User

If it means I can continue to go sailing even after I am dead, then I intend to haunt Angele until eternity (or whenever Angele is scrapped, whichever comes sooner).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast