Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lisbon Marinas

timchapman is offline Registered User

Default Lisbon Marinas

I have to stop in Lisbon during July and August this year and am looking to choose a Marina.

Two options are Oerias and Marina Parque das Nações.

The latter will save me €700 over the former but the former appears to be more highly regarded and in a nicer location.

Does anyone have any comments or experience of either of these Marinas?

Haven't used either but have visited both by land. Marina Parque is at the old Expo site and much closer to Lisbon with plenty of night life close by. Oerias is a bit remote although there's a train line right along the coast. Most visitors go to Doca de Alacatara which has a good reputation but behind the commercial docks - not a pretty area.

timchapman is offline Registered User

Thanks for the reply. Our contact with Marina Parques certainly suggests that they are hungry for, and appreciative of new custom and due to a more sensible pricing structure are significantly cheaper than Oerias.

Beware of Cascais. It is VERY VERY expensive, although there is a nice free anchorage just off it.

In its favour: Cascais is a very pleasant suburb of Lisbon, and there is a direct train every half hour to the centre of Lisbon.

I have to be in Lisbon area in 10 days, if time allows I'll go have a look at Marina Parques and see what it's like. IIRC it opened for the Expo but closed fairly soon afterwards and a couple of years ago it was still deserted.

jimbaerselman is offline Registered User

Early last summer plenty of space and actively touting customers.
    JimB
    http://jimbsail.info helps Skippers plan Europe Cruises

Hi
    I live near Lisbon
    Oerias and Cascais are private and more expensive. Doca de Alcantara is part of 4 Porto de Lisboa marinas which you will see on your way up the river. It takes most visiting boats, is cheapest and closest to Lisbon center. I dont use it because it has a swing bridge that opens every 30 min. It is the most sheltered and private dock but not the prettiest.
    If I could afford it I would use Cascais as the town is pretty with nice beaches, you are straight out into the sea, a free anchorage right next to the marina.
    The Linha de Cascais train line runs from Lisbon to Cascais and gives easy access to most of the marinas.

chasroberts is offline Registered User

We stayed in the Aolcantara marina and found it not to be a problem. Not too far to walk to public transport, shops etc and we used it as a base for about a week without a problem. Most of the marinas there suffer from noise from the bridge which has a metal grating deck and produces a loud noise like a swarm of bees. This is worse during rush hour but not too bad at night as there is less traffic on the bridge.

Still recommend it though, the swing bridge wasn't a problem as times of opening are advertised and easy to work to. From memory there is a waiting pontoon either side of the bridge. Good luck and enjoy Lisbon, a stunning city!

Chas
    Growing old - disgracefully!

Default Another vote for Doca de Alcântara

As has been said, it's not pretty but it is safe and secure and within short walking distance of the tram service into Lisbon. It's probably the closest marina to the city centre too.
    Colin

Roaring Girl is offline Registered User
    Location : On the boat. But sadly right now she's in Malta while we try and earn money in the UK.

Default Doca here

We found the Doca absolutely fine and convenient enough. We spent a week there in August 2006, but posts above suggest not much has changed. You don't say whether you'll actually be aboard. If not, definitely take cheapest secure mooring.
    Pip & Sarah (formerly abigail)
    www.sailblogs.com/member/roaringgirl