Default YACHTING24 Insurance

Does anyone have experience of YACHTING24 insurance, part of the Pantaenius Group? They offer low cost insurance without the need for a survey but do not accept claims due to 'wear and tear'. That seems somewhat open ended and subject to (their?) interpretation. Can anyone vouch for them?

I've been with them for a couple of years now.
    Pros - very good value, no survey required, very good response when I asked to make a claim

Cons - they reduce the value of parts by 50% if they are over 10 years old. I had a damaged forestay and the reduction in part value meant that the value they were willing to pay was less than the cost of my excess - so I paid for all of it. This is clearly stated in their Ts and Cs, but might not suit everyone!

All in all. I think they're good value and 'do what they say on the tin'. Would therefore be happy to recomment them.

N.B. No relationship with them, except as a customer for 3 years.

V1701 is offline Registered User

I decided to switch from one of the cheap 3rd party only insurers to Yachting 24. My 40 year old this year Vega is also my home so comp cover without a survey underwritten by Pantaenius with their good reputation for 150 odd seemed daft not to...