Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    Great looking RIB you have there what is it?
    Tornado 8.5 with Yamaha sti diesel. Added the rear bench seat myself. Sold it for a little profit (which is always nice) last year. Epic in the rough. prefer yours though

AndieMac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FARSCO View Post
    Tornado 8.5 with Yamaha sti diesel. Added the rear bench seat myself. Sold it for a little profit (which is always nice) last year. Epic in the rough.
    Nice outfit F, were you a commercial operator?

npf1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thepipdoc View Post
    I really can't imagine what that would be like!
    It was virtually flat calm with a hint of swell when we went in and even then I was saying to myself "This is not for the faint hearted".
    Its the threat of jagged rocks piercing the hull that makes it unlike any harbour entrance I've encountered. There's no nicely finished masonry in site at the point of entry, just a bloody great hole where the explosives have been used to blast the entrance. It's just not natural coming so close to bare rock!
    If the number of people that were stood at the entrance is anything to go by, it would seem that the locals consider a boat coming into their marina a spectator sport!
    The guy in the marina office said he wasn't expecting anyone to try it that day because of the conditions. But he didn't suggest I turn back as we'd been in there a couple of days earlier.

The third post in this thread http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302193 explains how I ended up in that situation. Even the ferries were cancelled that day, as were many flights - we were due to have a crew change and had several people waiting/stuck in Jersey. On reflection, it was daft to enter Beaucettee that day and I wouldn't risk it again in similar conditions.
    Last edited by npf1; 19-04-12 at 15:49.

Divemaster1 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=davidej;3486360]I have been trying to find a photo of Whitehills, Moray Firth.

...QUOTE]

http://www.whitehillsharbour.co.uk/

Regards, Alf

I've stopped drinking water .... I have seen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

Mymobo is offline Registered User

Try Watchet in the Bristol Channel

http://www.watchet-harbour-marina.com/whm_photo.htm

You have very small window to get in, when the gate opens you have 4-7 knot tides pushing you through. Then add some wind behind you.

I found out to my insurance companies expense, that get it wrong and it is crunch time.
    Life is short spend it on a boat

dabsolute470 is offline Registered User

i think southdock in london it tight, did it last year with a force 5 and tide same direction across the entrance, not much rom for crabbing...lol
    Heather and Steve
    www.coverdalegroup.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mymobo View Post
    Try Watchet in the Bristol Channel

http://www.watchet-harbour-marina.com/whm_photo.htm

You have very small window to get in, when the gate opens you have 4-7 knot tides pushing you through. Then add some wind behind you.

I found out to my insurance companies expense, that get it wrong and it is crunch time.
    Is that not where Timothy Spall scrapped the wall?